About to head out 2 up for 1st time

Wayneovich

Registered
Got some butterflies in my stomach as I have never done this but this girl has ridden so I believe we will be O.K. wish me luck :thumbsup:

Gosh dang good luck, take it slow and allow for more stopping time. Have some signals to communicate!

Got some butterflies in my stomach as I have never done this but this girl has ridden so I believe we will be O.K. wish me luck :thumbsup:

Has she ever been a passenger? Or is she a rider herself.
I always tell new passengers to just keep their body and head in line with mine, don't try to counteract my movements.

Be extra careful my friend, good luck.
Bubba

remember john. tell her if she's afraid to lean with you that you will wreck, but if she leans with you that you wont wreck. It gets the point across. Have her look over your shoulder in the turn and you will both be ok. Take the time to practice with her before you get on the road. Make sure to let her know it is nothing like being a passenger in a car but she has her own responsibility in riding with you. And next time holler at me in advance and we'll ride out together.

Good luck John! no aditional advice, sounds like all bases were covered, just be safe and have fun :thumbsup:

Well made it back a O.K. thanks for the helpful tips as soon as she got on the butterflies were gone:laugh: I will say this 2up is cool but be ready as everything takes double .Thanks again. Wood thanks for checking sorry i didn't get it until later:thumbsup:

Was that you I passed today?!:laugh:

giantsquidJPG.jpg

Just remember to leave extra braking distance the busa is already a big girl then with the comined weight or you and your rider adds up quick. Also, before you head out put her on the back and rock side to side and get a feel of the weight it will suprise you but the bike can handle two up very well, girlfriend and I just got back from just under a 1,300 mile trip on my 2007. Good luck and becareful best advice you can get is allow extra braking distance.

Being able to ride 2 up is pretty fun, but is a skill all in itself. Like the other guys have said allow extra distance for shopping and setup up some simple signals before you guys head out.

I ride 2-up 95% of the time. My wife is so comfortable that I hardly know she is there, I have to reach back every now and then to make sure she is still on the seat. Once you get used to riding 2-up, you wont know how to act when you are by yourself, your bike will feel like a 750. :laugh:

24.jpg

Back