This morning's ride (a few pics)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Went out for a short ride this morning. Temperature was in the 40's and windy but I didn't mind. I also had my own personal clouds. Got rained on like 3 times in different areas. I know you all love pics so here you go....
4591856420_255d7d3823_b.jpg

4591835668_cb761ae278_b.jpg

4591212633_1a56a77f43_b.jpg

4591219509_3d69d132fb_b.jpg

4591217155_ca0f312527_b.jpg

4591224251_d3e9d1c3dd_b.jpg

4591228695_489146d274_b.jpg

4591226307_ef7fb36448_b.jpg

4591853944_eacf65eb61_b.jpg

4591230995_240ab3ccc2_b.jpg

Sunny but still in the 30's and windy at 9:30am here in Michigan. High in the mid 50's later so I guess I'll wait a few hours before going for a putt.

Wow, that blustery weather is something. I tried it yesterday..brrrrrrrr!
Hope to do a run with you once when the weather improves~!

Wow, that blustery weather is something. I tried it yesterday..brrrrrrrr!
Hope to do a run with you once when the weather improves~!

I love the feel riding a lowered bike. Makes a difference when it's windy. You still get moved but not like before lowering it.

I'm telling you, I love the way the bike runs and handles. I don't know why I waited this long to lower it.

By the way, Djx and maybe BigE are riding with me tomorrow. I just have an appointment with HPC at 10:30.

I forgot to mention, I was going to leave at 4:00am....all geared up and when I opened the garage door, it was raining. I was like....."this wasn't in the 12 hour forecast when I checked it last night and this morning around 3:40am". It really surprised me. So, I waited until about 6:00am and left.
When I got to Rockville, it was drizzling and the roads are wet. Then got wet again around University Blvd. area and again near Andrews Air Force Base area.

By the way, Pledge works good in the rain, too. I didn't dry the bike in those pics. As you can all see, works like Rain X.

Last edited:
I love the feel riding a lowered bike. Makes a difference when it's windy. You still get moved but not like before lowering it.

I'm telling you, I love the way the bike runs and handles. I don't know why I waited this long to lower it.

By the way, Djx and maybe BigE are riding with me tomorrow. I just have an appointment with HPC at 10:30.

Man, you must really be clairvoyant. I was admiring how your bike sits in these photos and wondered if I should do the same to my copper (and if it can be done easily). Next thing you reply to my post (which had nothing to do with the stance of your bike) and out of the blue you only talk about its stance. Wild stuff.

Nice pics!

Thank you.:beerchug:

I was really bombed out because of the rain. I was hoping to ride for at least 4 1/2 hours but I end up doing not even 1 1/2 hours because we had to go to church..:banghead:

Man, you must really be clairvoyant. I was admiring how your bike sits in these photos and wondered if I should do the same to my copper (and if it can be done easily). Next thing you reply to my post (which had nothing to do with the stance of your bike) and out of the blue you only talk about its stance. Wild stuff.

The thing I love about it after lowering is that it gives you that planted/glued to the road feeling but not bone jarring. Believe me, I was surprised, too. I thought it would be harsh but it's not. I can ride this thing all day and not feel tired at the end.

Not sure if you've seen my post on how it was lowered but just in case you haven't, this is how it's done.

My fork was sent to Traxxion Dynamics to get the springs cut, completely rebuild and dyno tuned according to my weight and riding style. Greg asked me how I want it and I told him that I want the sport touring setup. So, he put me on his digital scale with my complete gear on and my tank bag. After that, he told TD how much I weigh and how I want it done. Then, he re-tuned the rear suspension to match the fork. That was it.

Last edited:

Wild stuff indeed.:beerchug:

Man, we should have some kind of contest and a prize for any org member that can post a pic of your bike when it's not spottless. Might have to settle for a finger print somewere.:thumbsup:

Back