use 2 master links???

IRDEATH

Registered
just wanting some input on this. My plan is to stretch my bike about 4 inches, with bolt on extensions to see if I like it or not. Well here is the real question, I can get the bolt on extensions fairly cheep, if I use two factory chains i have laying around and two master links to make a chain long enough will the chain hold up, will it be any weaker using two master links. I'm kinda trying to spend as little as I can but also don't want to run into any safety issues. thanks for the input

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.
1 or 2 shouldn't matter.
If they are installed right, they should be just as strong as all the other links.

Thanks for the reply. I kinda figured so, just wanted a confidence booster i guess.. I just dont have the money to get a brand new chain that is long enough, figured i could use 2 chains I already have and save some money.

I bought a new chain and cut it too short, and used two links for a couple years, drag racing and all with no problems. I did not like it, but it worked

Like the others have said, just make sure the links are installed correctly. A bad install on the master link is what caused the chain failure on my buddies stretched out 'Busa. The chain broke and caused some pretty good damage.

Back