trailer alternative

I hope you have a heavy duty rig for that. The Busa weighs in at 500# + the 100# weight of the all steel construction of the hauler. 600#s exceeds the tounge weight rating of most vehicles. Class 3 hitches are only rated to 500# tounge weight, and not all vehicles with a class 3 hitch can handle that much.

It's been done... My issue with this setup is seems like a two-person job to get it on there.

BMW_R1100S.jpg

BMW_R1100S.jpg

If you decide to go with the Hitch Hauler deal, don't forget to take tongue weight into consideration. I don't know what you're going to use to carry it, but the Busa would be over the limit for some vehicles.

don't have a place to store a trailer and also don't have the funds for a trailer so i'm going to get this motorcycle carrier (see link)

600# SPORT MOTORCYCLE CARRIER-HITCH HAULER RACK+RAMP : eBay Motors (item 290415286395 end time May-17-10 12:26:12 PDT)

i've never strapped down my bike and have some questions: can you strap down heli bars? i removed the passenger foot pegs so where are some good spots to strap down the rear of the bike?

How often do you plan on transporting the bike? I think a truck would be a much better vehicle to have if you plan on taking the bike long distances. Might consider it. Otherwise go for a trailer like the guys above have posted. There would be no way I'd even consider slinging a busa on a hitch. Maby a light weight dirt bike. But something in excess of 500 lbs & your looking for trouble. All it would take would be one nasty bump and you'd be looking at your bike in pieces on the side of the road someplace. If you cant afford one of the trailers above just rent a Uhall moto trailer. It might cost a little money but its always there when you need it and you dont have to store or register it.

I hope you have a heavy duty rig for that. The Busa weighs in at 500# + the 100# weight of the all steel construction of the hauler. 600#s exceeds the tounge weight rating of most vehicles. Class 3 hitches are only rated to 500# tounge weight, and not all vehicles with a class 3 hitch can handle that much.

looks like I missed this post. So, what he said...:banghead:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.:beerchug:

Just one more thought even if you do have a vehicle that can handle the 600# tongue weight, having that much weight on the back of any rig can make it a handful to drive as the front end will get loose.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

From what I see of the thickness of the mount i wouldn't trust to keep my Busa secure..jmo

Unexpected road conditions like bumps an potholes I would think it would put added strain on the hitch

I saw a Chevy SUV with a Busa on one of those. Guess it would work fine for you to. Never heard about any falling off. If I used it I would have to add some trailer lights to the back.

Back