A little 400 mile ride

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Left the house this morning at 10am headed to Gatlinburg Tennessee. No one could get away to go with me so I was solo today. I am planning to do the Ironbutt next Saturday if the weather is good so I wanted to just ride today with very few stops to get it down pat. :D The longest stop I made was at Deals Gap, forgot to time it but it was just long enough to eat and run. :)I went up the Foothills Parkway to Townsend Tennessee then the river road into Gatlinburg. I went the bypass and came back through Gatlinburg, very little trafic, the least I have ever seen, didnt even stop the whole way through. From there I went across the mountain to Cherokee NC and then up 28 to Deals Gap, had some food then through Robbinsville headed home. It was a fun trip and I had to ride past my house about a mile then back to get the 400 miles on the clock. I guess I was really a little short because of the speedo error, I am running a 42 tooth on the rear. :) anyway here are a few pics. :)

DSCN9995.jpg

DSCN9996.jpg

DSCN9997.jpg

DSCN9998.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

What event are you doing? Last year I did the Utah 1088 and clocked in just shy of 1500 miles in 23 hours. I added in a 5 gal. aux fuel tank which helped a ton so that I wouldn't have to stop every 150-200 miles. I highly recommend it!

Very nice, Tim. Glad you had a good time. Maybe I can join you for the next one. :beerchug:

Okay. Officially jealous!! I sooooo wanted to go to the Foothills in April! The CROT doesn't look busy.

Glad you had a good ride. :beerchug:

Very nice, Tim. Glad you had a good time. Maybe I can join you for the next one. :beerchug:

Sounds good to me. I hope you are doing better. Thought about you today as the wind was really strong, I didnt come home the skyway. I heard you were thinking about going to the dark side with Fishhook? :D

What event are you doing? Last year I did the Utah 1088 and clocked in just shy of 1500 miles in 23 hours. I added in a 5 gal. aux fuel tank which helped a ton so that I wouldn't have to stop every 150-200 miles. I highly recommend it!

Saddlesore 1000. 1000 miles on 24hrs or less. If I can make it. :D

So he's been talking, eh? Snitches get stitches! Give me a call when you get some time and I'll explain all that.

great pics as always :beerchug: good luck on the IBA run, it's a great feeling when you roll in at the end of it!

Sounds good to me. I hope you are doing better. Thought about you today as the wind was really strong, I didnt come home the skyway. I heard you were thinking about going to the dark side with Fishhook? :D

What are you planning on doing, Daniel? Is there going to be a connie in the works?

Back