Bye bye busa...

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
.. for now. Looks like something in the engine failed. Bike is at my brother's place right now. Need to trailer it back to my house and open it up.

Was running perfect this morning, did a u-turn, heard a quick 'whirring' sound and it cut off. Won't turn over. Put in gear, the rear is completely locked, so something is seized in the engine somewhere. Bearing journal, maybe... who knows...

Oh well, 10 years and not quite 50K miles. Guess it's time to start looking for a second bike so I can work on this bit by bit. Guessing major engine mod time. :laugh:

Oh man, sorry to hear. Will be interested to see what it was. If it was running perfect before, had oil and was not hot, what would cause this?

hate to hear this, hope you get her figured out and repaired without major issues :beerchug:

Paul you needed a second bike so you can paint one while you ride the other...

Sorry brother! That sux, but it's nice to see that you have a 'silver lining' outlook on it.:thumbsup: I was just riding mine this weekend and the tranny started acting up really bad...7 years with this busa and I'm not ready to move to a gen II yet.

Dan

Well, looks like I can't kill this thing. ???

Trailered it back home, got the panels and tank off, looked at the intake valves, very clean. Figured, I'd crank it to see if it would turn. Turned over. I'm thinking, WTF?

So, put the tank back on, started right up, but making marble-in-blender sounds. Trace it around to the magneto.

Now, I had this rewound with the high-output stator a few months ago, so I'm thinking the worst again. Open it up and find this.

Bolt backed out causing the lockup. Got some metal shavings from the bolt, but it looks like they're all stuck to the magneto. Stator bolt hole is wallowed out a bit, but still good. Other bolts were loose as well.

So, it looks like I'll be waiting for one bolt, one stator cover gasket and a tube of the strongest loc-tite I can buy.

Quite relieved, to say the least. Every time something bad goes wrong with this bike, I always think the worst, find the problem, and it's something simple. Go figure. :whistle:

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

Paul you needed a second bike so you can paint one while you ride the other...

I was way too broke back then. LOL! :laugh:

1000 track bike while I wait for a turbo install doesn't sound too bad right about now, though. :)

See you found it without too much trouble, I have boxes of bolts so if you need just slip by for some.

Sorry to hear ... My Busa has 1 foot in the grave right now and I have dreams of owning the Kawi Concourse 14 or the FJ touring bike :hide:

Don't want to give up on the Busa cause it is the nicest looking bike out there but something more in my street riding style would be nice ....:beerchug:

Back