Tools needed ??

sixreps

Registered
I'm all set to remove the Motor and repair 2nd gear
isn't there a special tool needed to remove the motor?

read through the manual first on all the steps and their installation process.

Order anything you may need that they say to replace in case you do need another...sux waiting a week every time you need something.:whistle:

Order some motoseal or suzuki bond.....I went with yamabond....couldnt wait on the motoseal to arrive. I hope it works as my motor is together, but not installed yet.

Buy a box of ziplock bags to keep the parts seperate

I used painters tape and a marker to lable lines, wires, hoses.

Take alot of pics to remember how things were.

read through the manual first on all the steps and their installation process.

Order anything you may need that they say to replace in case you do need another...sux waiting a week every time you need something.:whistle:

Order some motoseal or suzuki bond.....I went with yamabond....couldnt wait on the motoseal to arrive. I hope it works as my motor is together, but not installed yet.

Buy a box of ziplock bags to keep the parts seperate

I used painters tape and a marker to lable lines, wires, hoses.

Take alot of pics to remember how things were.

Listen to BlueHaya. It sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Especially when it comes to reading the manual before hand and learning what you should replace while you have the motor out and torn apart. I would also talk to a mechanic that might be able to tell you what you should do or replace.

Baggies and pics are your best friend...don't even think you will remember the little things later...get a good felt tip pen for labelling all of the baggies...i swear it is the word...

pics.....pics.........and more pics......even take pics of the pics you took in case you lose the 1st pic.....:laugh:

Back