KML I'm with you on this PRO-BOLT SUCKS !

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry but they failed to respond to my email w/pic regarding first cracked sprocket nut and now ANOTHER !
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...d-always-give-your-bike-close-inspection.html
2 IN 2 WEEKS
UNACCEPTABLE , SIMPLY AND PERIOD !
WITH A BIG PERIOD.

Do not buy their products , period.
I for one am telling 23,000 plus members this and emailing them thread.
Maybe this will make them jump.
If it does, I dont give a frick ! (insert middle finger smiley here)

Unacceptable....and dangerous to make products that crack when installed and torqued to their specs.

Again this one almost twisted off with hand pressure after it cracked.
After the first one cracked Ok , maybe a fluke.
So I put the spare that came with kit on and painted stock ones black but never put them back on.

Now less than 2 weeks later another cracked sprocket nut.

I'm done.

All your parts are coming off and going in the garbage where they belong.
Hard on you ?
You got it .
Your inferior product has put my life at risk once again but no more.
Goodbye.

DO NOT BUY PRO-BOLT PRODUCTS
THEY ARE NO LONGER BLANCA APPROVED!

CRACKED SPROCKET NUT.jpg

Thanks for sharing this info. The nuts that hold the rear sprocket on are still the stock color. I now have a black rear sprocket and I am gonna powdercoat the rims black. What would you use to paint the nuts on rear sprocket black? Could you pm me with this info.

Big guy no secret and I have no problem sharing it.
Once applied right and dried for a couple days this stuff is HARD !
to put the nuts on wrap a little teflon tape over them so it doesnt scratch it and put em on.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...t-oleum-satin-excellent-rattlecan-things.html

The guys at Blais today could not believe my axel nut is painted and not powder coated.
It looks and feels the same after it cures.

nuther secret....secret...ssssh...use a black sharpie to blacken out end of stud you will see inside nuts as you see in pic above.
It will stay there for a long time.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
That is scary,are they metal(assume) or alum.
Only thing I see to ? is that the nuts look like they are not as far along on the stud/bolt as stock. That aftermarket sprocket is alot thicker than stock.
I do not know if this would matter???? If it does, then it should be stated as a point of reference when buying the sprocket.Or should come with longer studs as a package deal.

It's all because there's a steel threaded sleeve inside the Aluminum outer nut. When the sprocket gets warm, so does the nut. When the bike stops the sprocket and nuts start to cool. The Aluminum outer cools much faster than the steel sleeve and eventually cracks through because of it.

It's all because there's a steel threaded sleeve inside the Aluminum outer nut. When the sprocket gets warm, so does the nut. When the bike stops the sprocket and nuts start to cool. The Aluminum outer cools much faster than the steel sleeve and eventually cracks through because of it.

Exactly...Steel heli-coil inside aluminum sleeve ?

I do not know if this is fresh one I just put on or not ?
All I know is that the 1st one cracked in less than say 3 months ?
And now another ?
Too much for me !

That makes sense,I guess alum. is a no-no then????

I saw an aluminum sprocket nut today made by Lite-Tech.
It was solid aluminum and way thicker with no steel insert in it.
Not sure if an all alum nut thicker would stay any better but I'm done with pretty aluminum nuts and bolts in areas that can cause real concern >

Lets say I hammer that thing and all of them crack same time and fail at 150mph ?
The sprocket is gonna wiggle , chain will most likely throw itself and I will be on the nightly news.
No thanks .

Big guy no secret and I have no problem sharing it.
Once applied right and dried for a couple days this stuff is HARD !
to put the nuts on wrap a little teflon tape over them so it doesnt scratch it and put em on.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...t-oleum-satin-excellent-rattlecan-things.html

The guys at Blais today could not believe my axel nut is painted and not powder coated.
It looks and feels the same after it cures.

nuther secret....secret...ssssh...use a black sharpie to blacken out end of stud you will see inside nuts as you see in pic above.
It will stay there for a long time.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the info with me again. I wish I lived in Florida still. I would be over at your casa everyday!

Are you sure they're aluminum and not just cheap grade 2 alloy? Most auto bolts and nuts are grade 5 at a minimu for high stress applications. Sounds to me like they gave you a grade 2 nut.

Thanks for sharing the info with me again. I wish I lived in Florida still. I would be over at your casa everyday!

Come on down...lots of Cuban Pork leftover and ice colds in the cooler !

and no you dont wish you lived here....87 today but said it felt like 95 w/78% humidity.
I lost like 5lbs just riding to Mia and back today with O Holy P

ADAM'S BAPTISM 093.jpg

Are you sure they're aluminum and not just cheap grade 2 alloy? Most auto bolts and nuts are grade 5 at a minimu for high stress applications. Sounds to me like they gave you a grade 2 nut.

I dont know and I dont care.
If a company makes a sprocket nut it should be made of a material tested and proven to not do what it did whether its playdo or titanium.
It should work in the application they are selling it for should it not ?

Suzuki Hayabusa Sprocket nut ?
High pwr High torque machine, they should know but obviously they dont.

I dont know and I dont care.

I only mentioned it because it might be nice to know what they supplied compared to what Suzuki makes as factory spec. This way if and when you call, you can hand them their a$$ with knowledge.

I sell nuts and bolts amongst other things, so it's sort of my speciality.

Lemme do some checking.

You got a link to the set you bought?

Some of their nuts claim to be titanium G5, but I sincerely doubt that's what you have on your bike, and if they sold it to you as such, I'm guessing they're cutting corners.

NVM, just saw your link. Aluminum nuts? They must be insane.

Last edited:
What are you torquing the Pro Bolts too?

They are not meant for oem torque values!

Lock tite is needed to be used with them!

Back