Mirror help please?

TWT racer

Registered
got and 04 Busa, and I'm trying to pop the mirror/glass out of the plastic housing so I can paint them. Is there an easy way or is taping the actual glass up the only way?
Thanks Guys

Put them in the oven for a few minutes and they should pop right out.

Not to thread jack......BUT, can you replace a broken mirror ? I was told I would need to buy a new one ?

Not to thread jack......BUT, can you replace a broken mirror ? I was told I would need to buy a new one ?

The glass part of the mirror can be replaced, but if you don't have a mirror handy it is probably easier to just replace the whole unit.

I don't think they sell just the mirror glass. Hence being told to buy a whole new one. If had two mirrors,sure you can swap out broken for good one. Same heating method. replacement mirrors pretty cheap on Ebay.

Painting them with mirror out going to effect putting mirror back in? Paint cracking etc...?

hey I appreciate all the input Guys, ...think what I'm gonna do is just tape it up as precise as I can and see how it looks. I know it'd go in hard after painted if I were to pop it out or probably wreck the edge where it's painted, so I'll just paint it taped up for.

I'll be posting some pics when the whole rig is done

:thumbsup:

If you were to take the glass out to paint the mirror, what would you use to put the glass back on?

Back