2000 busa?

jeff355

Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys, Im looking for a busa and found a nice 2000. Any drawbacks to the early hayabusas? The cam chain recall was done and the bikes in excellent condition. I want to drag race the bike and or pro street it. Is it just as good as a newer first gen model. Any help is appreciated !:beerchug:

Cmon, why not- its blue/silver and mint condition. Wasnt there a recall on the subframes?

If its mint its a real collector especially since its unrestricted. Why destroy such a nice bike? I love the color of that one. Get another that doesn't have the subframe issue. They are so numerous!

As the others have posted Bro, the pre 2001 are collectors. Yeah, you can still ride them and enjoy the hell out of it, but I wouldn't buy one for the purpose of dogging it out on the strip. And if it still has the aluminum subframe, that makes it even better as a collector piece.

Only original once, buy it and put in the living room and sell admission tickets to see it, profits from that should buy a nice 01+

I would say keep it original. Depending on the price sounds like a great bike oh and the subframe replacement is no big deal.

bought my 00 blu/sil new and never had a problem with the subframe,,unless you ride fat chicks??..lol

newer bikes 02 and up have better fuel systems,computers,starter kickback prevention,and a clutch cushion..

I love my '99 ...
I called Suzuki and made sure it had the cam-chain tensioner recall preformed ...
stock steel subframes are around $50 on ebay ... cheap fix ...
I personally like my aluminum subframe and won't change it !
I run slip-ons ... otherwise mechanically stock ...

If I had intentions of any racing , I would probably buy an '02+ just for the more plentiful/common fuel system upgrades available .

Arent the 99/2000s geared a little different too? Also, what about the clutch? Does it need the brocks mod?

Back