Strap or lower with new triple tree

Irishluck

Registered
Ok guys Ive got a question. I love the look of a busa lowered and love to drag race my 08. I know you cant ride on the street with a strap kit but you can lower it correctly with the triple tree swap so the question is will i get the same performance while drag racing with it lowered as I would with using a strap? Im also planning on stretching it as well but I do alot of street driving and hit the track once a month or so.

I would think if you worried about best performance,the route to go would be have the forks cut(lowers front) and rebuilt(doesn't compress as easy as regular fork).

do both, the forks are tapered on the gen2 busa and should only be lowered so far about 3/4" then strap it down while you at the track, to take the rebound out of the forks, and it wont wanna come up as easy.

be careful braking on a front strap as youve already taken most of the compression out of them

How low do you want to go while riding on the street? Have you ridden a lowered bike on the street?

Im 2" down...then I strap it down further at the track. Watch not to strap it bottomed out....not good for it.

How low do you want to go while riding on the street? Have you ridden a lowered bike on the street?

not to sure yet I want it to have a real tucked and low appearance. Yes ive rode my buddies 636 around that dropped about 1 1/2 in the front and 2 in the rear and I love how it looks low plus its gonna help me at the track as well so its win win in my book.

2" drop and strapped for photo shoot.

4x6-MC_IMG_9916.jpg

Back