Dyno Tune $$$$$$$

cipher5791

Registered
Thinking about getting this done to my Busa. Wanting to know the goig rates for having this done as I get quotes. Don't want to pay too much $$$. Thanks in advance for the help guys a gals.:bowdown:

02 Busa mods: TRE, K&N air filter, air box mod, pair valve mod, PCIII, TI Force full exhaust(map downloaded from PC website)

Thinking about getting this done to my Busa. Wanting to know the goig rates for having this done as I get quotes. Don't want to pay too much $$$. Thanks in advance for the help guys a gals.:bowdown:

02 Busa mods: TRE, K&N air filter, air box mod, pair valve mod, PCIII, TI Force full exhaust(map downloaded from PC website)

I was charged $180 to tune a Stage II turbo busa with a stock ECU and a Secondary Controller. We spent about two hours on the dyno before the tire went bad.

I paid 300 for mine .
Before you fall over I'll explain why .
It's not really the map or dyno work your paying for .
It is simply the time and labor .
Not something that can be done in a few mins .
It will take a few runs on the dyno and in between each run you let it cool for a spell .
Running bike like it takes to use the dyno works em up and without moving they get hot quick.
even with the big blower fans most use in their dyno rooms it doesn't do as good a job as bike moving thru the air .
So for me Blais made like four to six dyno pulls with 20-30 mins in between each one so things didn't get too hot !
The 300 also included the install of the PC V and XTRE .

Find a good tuner first then worry about the price. A bad tune job could cost you the motor. So when you identify a good one weigh your cost of the job want done jmo
Posted via Mobile Device

The going rates in New Jersey are almost always around $300.00.
The one place will tune the fuel curve at a broader RPM range, like every 1k for $200.00.
Anything more narrowed down, they said $300.00. Alotta money for that stupid map, right?

I had my bike dyno tuned ,ecu flashed, for $225.00...Well worth it! :thumbsup:

I was charged $180 to tune a Stage II turbo busa with a stock ECU and a Secondary Controller. We spent about two hours on the dyno before the tire went bad.

Thats a deal there. I planning the day for my new turbo set up and the guy says $400
The custom map tune that was done for my HMF set up I had was $330...made 18 pulls on the dyno over 3 hours...was very tuned with dang near perfect flat line A/F.

Last edited:
I think $200-$400 depending on what you are doing, and what its being tuned with is about the norm, and worth every penny when done by a competent tuner.

Seems everyone I have talked with is about $300...problem is they are all a world away~!~ Local shop sold their dyno, would have to travel a few hours~!~

My buddy had his Harley tuned up at a local shop and the owner tuned it by ear. I was stunned until I realized that it was running so badly that any tuning would be an improvement. The motor just keeps shaking itself apart.......but he loves his Harley!

Like some of the other guys have said, worry about finding a good tuner first. Then you should worry about what it will cost you to get the work done.

The right tuner for the job is key. :beerchug: I wouldn't say NJ to IN is around the corner. I traveled all night to arrive at their shop at opening time. Tuned the bike, crashed at a motel for a few hours and then headed back home.

P9156180_v2.JPG

Back