its game time. and im pissed.

ready for a story? oh ya. im not happy.

Drew (another busa owner and member on here) and I got together and did a little bit of riding this evening. We cruised around, met up with someone with a triumph, and chilled in cleveland pa-rousing the scenery downtown.
Now it comes time for me to split off, and head out. I leave the two of them, head back on city streets to the east side.
I'm driving along, going 40 in a 35, cruising comfortably. get passed by a cop in a cop car, lights OFF going 50-55+, which I may remind you is ILLEGAL unless his lights are on. I take note that its probably just some pig and let it be.

light in front of me turns red, two lanes. Im not behind the cop in the other lane, cop stops as im pulling up. He runs the light. with LIGHTS OFF.

I think- "wow, what a douche." little did I know.

I'm continuing on, another light turns red- the cop signals a left hand turn and waits, but edges forward as I approach like he will run another light.
I look over, he looks over at me (im without shades) and I give him a disapproving look and shake my head like "I know your just another pig."

he leaves.

I continue down the road, skeptically laughing about how he probably is going to call me in and get me pulled over.

TWO AUTOMATED LIGHTS are now in front of me (35 MPH zone) , I pass both going the exact speed limit. not a dime over.
1/8 of a mile later it changes to a 25 MPH zone. I slow down accordingly and am the only one on the road. I pass through the zone and speed back up to 35-40, in a 35MPH zone.

1-2 miles later im pulled over. Cop tells me I went through the 25MPH zone at 38, I do my best not to laugh and ask if the cop back in downtown cleveland radio'd ahead---- he tells me that they have quote "no communication with those cops."

writes me a TICKET for 38 / 25 as such, when I havent been drinking, shut the bike down, helmet off, and did absolutely nothing other than be entirely cooperative. no sarcasm or smack talk at all.

heres the cute part:

Hands me the ticket and asks that I sign it... I tell him I would like to look it over before I sign it. He says OK, I'm looking it over, and 15 seconds later he says "if you dont sign it thats your choice."
I say, quote: "aren't I allowed to read the ticket over before I sign it?"
he says, as he pulls the ticket from my hands, quote: "that boats already sailed."

hands me a pink copy of it and folds the rest. I tell him that I'm fine with signing it, if he would stick the pink copy back in so I'd have my signature on mine as well. he refuses to let me sign it now.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE. I've heard of Professional courtesy but come the HELL ON. After he had the ticket in his hand I told him about the cop downtown BTW, not before.

COPS, defend these backdooring, professional courtesy clowns, and show me that there are people in this world that aren't trying to screw over the innocent to make quota. such 6#$%$#!1242@%$#$^$#^&253242342@%#^#$$^

any suggestions, any info on what not signing a ticket when offering means, let me know.
I was told that If i didnt sign the ticket and they didnt cuff me, the ticket is null and void and it doesnt mean anything, but I fail to believe this.

HELP?

Colton

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the wall of text. but if its not obvious, im madder than a bat outta heck and I'm in the mood for some answers.

Oh, and prelim court date is professionally set during my Finals week. A&%!#les.

Anger only escalates most situations, good and bad sometimes you just have to accept things in life. It is only a traffic violation, there are much worse occurances that can and will happen.

no, your missing the point.

I WASNT SPEEDING.

this wasnt a traffic violation, and Im only pissed now after the fact.

Christ isn't going to help in this situation. and Accepting corrupt cops isn't going to cut it.

Colton

Signing the ticket is only a admission of receipt of the ticket, nothing else. It will still be valid, and you will either have to pay, or go to court.

With all due respect I think it's your total lack of respect for law enforcement that came back and got you.
Your entire post groups them all into the same basket as a bunch of crooked cops and 'pigs' as you refer to them ?
I don't know why you do this ?
Being upset about a tic I understand but your encounter was with two officers and they were both 'just another pig' as it seems this is what you think of all ?
Seems like you got the same amount of respect from them you gave em , ZERO !

Sorry for your experience but professional courtesy comes from both sides and from your tone I don't think you gave them any .

Lastly God is a proper word and should be capitalized .

With all due respect I think it's your total lack of respect for law enforcement that came back and got you.
Your entire post groups them all into the same basket as a bunch of crooked cops and 'pigs' as you refer to them ?
I don't know why you do this ?
Being upset about a tic I understand but your encounter was with two officers and they were both 'just another pig' as it seems this is what you think of all ?
Seems like you got the same amount of respect from them you gave em , ZERO !

Sorry for your experience but professional courtesy comes from both sides and from your tone I don't think you gave them any .

Lastly God is a proper word and should be capitalized .

+1 it sounds like we are getting a very one sided story

If that is not the case, plead not guilty, go to court, and the radar record will be submitted. If it exists, you are guilty, if not, you get off. Now if you respond to my post saying it could be them radarring(sp?) I don't really have a response. At that point my conspiracy capacity ceases.

The one sided story comes from previous experiences.

I have multiple friends who deal / are in law enforcement, one being a member on this forum that I ride with- he is a juvenile court investigator.

upset with the average cop? no, but of course the average cop isn't what I consider to be such terminology as "pig."
a "pig" could be a crooked, corrupt cop.

and BTW, I've seen more than one avatar with a 350z in it. I have one as well, that was hit in the rear corner by a postman as I was pulling into my driveway. Cop came up and called it dual-fault accident..
whole different story, but yes, I do have issue with a system that allows authorities to do as they please, only to turn around and hassle those that are doing nothing wrong. The people that do that ARE pigs; just as the people that do other crimes are pigs as well.

Total lack of respect? sure.
for law enforcement, being all cops and such? not a chance.

only the ones that feel the need to hassle those doing nothing wrong.

the cop told me himself, no one else was around me on the road period, it was dead out.

any suggestions, any info on what not signing a ticket when offering means, let me know.
I was told that If i didnt sign the ticket and they didnt cuff me, the ticket is null and void and it doesnt mean anything, but I fail to believe this.

HELP?

I have multiple friends who deal / are in law enforcement, one being a member on this forum that I ride with

curious if you have already asked them? they might have better answers since they are LEOs? Best of luck.

I look over, he looks over at me (im without shades) and I give him a disapproving look and shake my head like "I know your just another pig."

Again I'm sorry you got stopped , nobody likes that but.....

'just another pig' still sounds to me as if in your mind they all are .
I won't push it anymore as I know your already aggravated.

Sounds like you have plenty of grounds to win your case on when you go to court. Show up explain the judge you were not allowed enough time to read the ticket and what happened. I might also be worth mentioning that the cop that ticketed you was not around when you went through the intersections.

Quick reminder, this board is police friendly. Please do not read this as we always take just one side of the story. But we don't bash the people that put their lives on the line for us everyday. I agree some are :moon:, but that is with every walk of life. I understand your upset but it doesn't need to be taken out of everyone with a badge.

If you get robbed are you gonna call a crackhead....didn't think so :beerchug:

Man that stinks an odd situation indeed.police are humans at the end of the day just becuse they wear a badge does not mean they are a good person.Hopefully if you go to court you will win:thumbsup:

You have about 3 choices:

1. Pay the ticket and move on.
2. Go to court and see if the judge will give you traffic school to keep it off your record. Yes, you will pay some $$ but better to keep it off your record. Your previous driving record will come into play.
3. Fight the ticket, either with or without a lawyer that specializes in these. Again, your previous record will come into play.

Because of the human condition, it is inevitable that there are some badges out there that take advantage of their job, have a bad day too, etc. But they are far overwhelmed by others who place their life on the line daily for pond scum, and gladly do it because of their love of the job and their fellow man. I'm certain you are angry and frustrated but lambasting the police is one of the no-no's of the .org. Good luck.

In Southeast texas we have our share of small town bullies with a badge.....you know the guys who when they were kids in school.....got beat up everyday and their lunch money stolen?.....However...I am friends with quite few LEO's.....have shot shootin comps with some and rode Harleys with others.....You have folks with little or no integrity in all Professional walks of life......doesn't make it fair, just makes it so.
Everytime I've gotten pulled over I deserved it.....my 2 cents.....

apologies on the slander.
I tried to make it clear in posts after the fact that I am quite aware there are indeed good cops.

unfortunately I think its one of those situations that you don't notice all the good, and DO notice all the bad.

Cops on here- :rulez: understand I'm not slandering you and will follow by all .org rules; also understand that there are those amongst you that dont follow the :rulez:.

vent over, topic dead. I couldn't sleep last night I was so bloody angry, it promoted me to write down every detail I could recount, so as to have it fresh and on paper when I want to talk about it.

gotta love how my pre trial is set for a Wednesday morning, in the middle of my college finals.???

Keep in mind, the way you treat the officer issuing the ticket is contained in the police report. The very worst thing you can do is be disrespectful. Judges HATE that!

Best if you can hire an attorney who handles this type of case, since they may be able to speak with the prosecutor and settle the case. You can probably ask for a continuance of the case as well.

Back