What oil to use before 1st change?

Did you buy this bike new from a dealer? I read your other posts, and I really think it would be a good idea to take it back. If this thing has overheated, making popcorn sound noises while running, and has no oil showing with the bike standing straight up NOT running. It sounds like they may have forgotten to put oil in it or didn't put in enough. just my .02

Did you buy this bike new from a dealer? I read your other posts, and I really think it would be a good idea to take it back. If this thing has overheated, making popcorn sound noises while running, and has no oil showing with the bike standing straight up NOT running. It sounds like they may have forgotten to put oil in it or didn't put in enough. just my .02

+1, and who knows what other damage you may have caused when you started it up with no oil and overheating, making popcorn noises.
Take it back to the dealer.

Once you touch it, you married that bike. I would bring it back if you haven't and see what the dealer will offer you. Think of it like a crime scene if your not involved, don't go walking around in the thick of it. Now if you changed your oil and didn't add the right amount you may be on your own.

Stop posting. Please. You have 4 posts on the front page asking essentially the same question, over and over and over. You've been told what to do--return it to your dealer. If you can't figure out how to check the oil, you aren't going to be able to pinpoint the problem with overheating and popcorn noises.

Back