Should i be able to see oil through window with bike running?

If the bike is OFF and is LEVEL, you Better see oil!

+1 after a minute or so of being off you should see oil .
Debate is still open as to how high it should be but def you should see oil with bike off and level .

If the engine got got hot an was making noise an overheated an has 300 miles on it like you said... imo do not add oil, do not ride it, notify the dealer, do not tell them you rode it with warning lights on at all . i recommend you tell them the engine made noise an then the warning lights came on an you shut it down an called them.. noise means most likely that damage has occured jmo .. goodluck

and if this is owens :moon: Thats only if it's owens :laugh: if it's not him seriously good luck with this :please:

Last edited:
Instead of making several threads, you should listen to the advice given in them. From the sounds of it you have a less then one year old hayabusa. As others have pointed out you should see oil in the window with the bike off and settled meaning off for a minute or two. This not on a a stand but upright in a riding position. If you you don't have the proper amount of oil and you have not touched the bike call your dealer. Don't drive it down there call them, explain the problem you are having.

If they didn't fill the bike and you haven't ridden it your probably ok. If you have messed with it tell us exactly what you have done and anyone of us here will be glad to help.

This is not me being rude, I am looking out for your best interest. Don't run the bike any longer until you have the all of the proper fluid levels. If you have questions on how to do that check your manual or ask here in one thread. Making many threads with different questions is about the same as you going to one restuarnt to boil the water, the next to add the first bit of food, the next to cook half of it :poke: I think you see where I am going with that :laugh:

Believe me everyone on this board wants another active educated hayabusa owner but it's difficult with 12 cooks in the kitchen.

Back