had an encounter with the road last nite

busa-saga

Registered
last night coming home from the cigar shop, i went to make a turn onto my hood and boom!! i tumbled at least 3 times. bike slid 25-30 feet from me. good samaritan stopped to help out and i was back on the bike heading home..then the back pains started.

physically all i can say is the gear held up good.just my back is killing me. sliders did they job.
this AM, i noticed the yellow stuff on my tires..guess they were painting the roads BUT THEY HAD NO "WET PAINT" SIGNS UP!!!

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

MAN I would be finding out who was painting the road. that not only sucks because of the rash, but road paint is hard to get off the bike.

Did you get check out by a Doc? Take some aleve and relax.

AA105020_69256_5.JPG

Last edited:
Go get checked out!!!..After my lowside i found out i had broken ribs. Also i would be all over the county or state about those wet lines...they OWE you big time.

I would be checking into who painted the roads, go get the street name and contact the city. I am sure if they didn't have sign's up your insurance company would love to know :rulez:

:bowdown: gear :bowdown:

:beerchug: heal up bud!

Hope you are ok, but from the lean angle on that tire and the deep scratches on that helmet, you were doing more than turning into "your hood". I would say you were doing a good 45 mph. Anytime you are going that fast turning from a straight road into another road that is a connector, you better make sure there is no gravel, wet stuff, or anything else on the road.

Speed was definitely a factor, no way wet paint would have made you slide at anything under 20mph.

Last edited:
That sux! Looks like the helmet saved you from some dental work and face loss!! good man wearing gear:thumbsup:

Hope you are ok, but from the lean angle on that tire and the deep scratches on that helmet, you were doing more than turning into "your hood". I would say you were doing a good 45 mph. Anytime you are going that fast turning from a straight road into another road that is a connector, you better make sure there is no gravel, wet stuff, or anything else on the road.

Speed was definitely a factor, no way wet paint would have made you slide at anything under 20mph.

Not necessarily.

That paint could have been picked up while he went down, hence the lean angle. Look at his tire, he doesn't lean much anyway. It doesn't take much to scratch up a lid either. Bike doesn't have much damage from the slide either which would indicate a slower speed as well.

Hard to say what the real cause was unless we were there. Glad to hear you're not too banged up. Definetly try to find out if it really was wet paint. The contractor should have had signs up.

Go get checked out!!!..After my lowside i found out i had broken ribs. Also i would be all over the county or state about those wet lines...they OWE you big time.

That sux but yeah man go get checked out, A guy out in Charles CO MD, went down got up and rode away but passed later they found out he has some internal injury from the accident.

Take lots of pics of your bike, equipment and crash site. Call your insurance and lawyer and proceed from there with the govt dept in charge of painting the roads. Information is power.

I would be checking into who painted the roads, go get the street name and contact the city. I am sure if they didn't have sign's up your insurance company would love to know :rulez:

+1 to this, someone is liable for that!!!!

I would too, but be forwarned...a hard case to prove and a long process to deal with~!~

They sometimes like to turn their heads and keep their mouths shut pretty tight...

Dude, if nothing pays testimate to wearing gear that helmet does! Glad you are in reasonably good shape, but get the back checked out.

Hard to really say, his front tire could have gone first contributing to a lot more lean then he was shooting for. I on the other hand whole heartily agree with your advice. But I can't say for sure I am going to judge his speed with just one picture.

Back