Fairing screens?

Speed King

Banned
I was thinking about getting some fairing screens for my 08 busa.
What does everyone else think about fairing screens?

Are they worth it?

I debated on this idea for months with my '09. I finally did it about a month ago. I am very happy with the results and wish I had done it sooner.

I was thinking about getting some fairing screens for my 08 busa.
What does everyone else think about fairing screens?

Are they worth it?

Before you get too artsy partsy and spend alot of money, check with Org member Vega. He did his using very cheap mat'l and Epoxy.

He can tell you how, but I think it looked very nice and neat.
Bubba

I like it, had it done before my wreck, now I just need one more fairing & I will do them again.

I did mine and love them. I'll post pics when I get home, but it was easy I made mine with material from the local home improvement store and epoxy. Simple to do looks great too.:thumbsup:

I did mine and love them. I'll post pics when I get home, but it was easy I made mine with material from the local home improvement store and epoxy. Simple to do looks great too.:thumbsup:

What mesh did you use. And what Color?

I used the wire mesh like you would use to build a stone fireplace. I got a roll of the silver and a can of Krylon chrome spray paint. I got a 4ft by 6ft roll for $8. I cut the pieces with a set of wire cutters and formed them around the openings by hand. then I painted them with about 4 coats, then attached them with a tube of liquid nails adhesive.

Don't know what I did wrong but just turn your computer upside down to view pics

IMG00123-20100430-1844.jpg

IMG00122-20100430-1843.jpg

IMG00121-20100430-1843.jpg

Last edited:
I used the wire mesh like you would use to build a stone fireplace. I got a roll of the silver and a can of Krylon chrome spray paint. I got a 4ft by 6ft roll for $8. I cut the pieces with a set of wire cutters and formed them around the openings by hand. then I painted them with about 4 coats, then attached them with a tube of liquid nails adhesive.

Don't know what I did wrong but just turn your computer upside down to view pics

I turned the computer tower upside down and it didn't do any good, pix are still over and under. I think its dumping memory on my desk!!!:laugh:

Back to subject, that looks really nice and professional. Does liquid nail stand up to heat?

I like this method, inexpensive and you did it yourself.:thumbsup:

Bubba

I did them last year and 7000 miles later no problems yet. I cleaned the area good before I attached the screens. I will try to take some pics of the backside but I'm a little worried about how they might turn out. Probably have to stand on yurn head to see them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's mine...
Cut them from a metal office trash can...
Formed them to shape. (I suggest wearing gloves)
Cleaned the area with some rubbing alcohol to remove any oils.
Taped them down with some duct tape to temporarily hold them in place.
Used a high heat engine gasket maker similar to an epoxy to adhere them. Takes about 6 hours to set, but I let them sit for 24 hours.
Then remove the duct tape and you are done. :beerchug:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

I'm about to install but was givin'n 2 part epoxy (loctite) but it is only good for 95 Deg F heat tolerance, it gets up to 150 Deg under the fairings, so I dont know how its gunna go ??

Back