Casper to the Keys and back. travel log w/pics

red1100cc

Registered
well i finally left Casper about 8am. tail wind to Douglas then right turn into the side wind for the next 15hrs. made it to Chilili NM around 1am after a hard 815mi. my neck is soo sore from the 50-60mph side wind.
i stopped in Denver and got a new scorpion flip up helmet. left my old one with them, i'll get it later.
only did around 128mi today. i was just soo tired, and sore, and a little hungover. but it was worth it to be with my friends. got to see tim, in Rio Rancho, and stayed with Sharp up in the moutains. the 50mph tail wind was nice this afternoon. but it got cold as it got dark.

well im hungry. going to go eat at a bar-n-grill rt 66 cafe or somethin like that. its right next door.

ncom florida trip 002.jpg

ncom florida trip 008.jpg

ncom florida trip 010.jpg

ncom florida trip 017.jpg

ncom florida trip 022.jpg

Nice, thanks for the pics, and keep the updates coming.
I love the long trip files and photos.
Be safe and watch those overhangs!:laugh:
Bubba

You have a ETA for Florida? If the timing is right I'd like to join you for the Keys and back to Tampa leg. PM me if ya'd like to try to link up.

1st pic is Wheatland Wy.
2nd is dust storm in Pueblo Co.
3rd is New Mexico/Colorado border..stopped there to relax for a sec.
4th is an upside down car! i was the 1st on the scene he was going up a twisty moutaim road, went around a corner to fast, crossed over and hit the oncomming side guardrail, overcorrected and flipped into the ditch. he wad buckled and ok. had a dog with him, gog faired better than him. think he got a dui. freaked me out! came around a corner and thought "is that a car upsidedown in the ditch? YES yes it is..oh crap!..glad the fella and the dog were ok.
the last is a bear at the ponderosa bar. Sharps local bar. biker friendly, good burger.

more pics.
1-co/nm port of entry.
2-i almost gave up at Wagon Mound, it was getting dark, the crows were watchin me fill up..
3-burger at the ponderosa/late breakfast 4:30pm
4-made it to Santa Rosa, sharp and his abate buddy said it was a cool town, got me a $31 motel room.
5-say hello to Russ, the motorcycle "Snowman", the crotchety rocketeer.

had 2 budwisers, 2 guiness, and a shot of beam for dinner. diner was closed.guess i'll have a good breakfast, then lunch at the "Big Texan" im savein room..yea, thats it.:beerchug: gotta get some calories somehow.

might go see Jessie James' grave in the morning. til later brothers n sisters.
happy dreams.

ncom florida trip 009.jpg

ncom florida trip 012.jpg

ncom florida trip 019.jpg

ncom florida trip 026.jpg

ncom florida trip 028.jpg

boogied in to Texas yesterday. found Mater sittin at a car museum. went to the big texan for a late lunch. then down to Palo Duro canyon state park. 2nd biggest canyon in the us? so says the sign. Comanche used to hide out there way back when. got to see turkey, a very brave coyote, and then about 3am i saw a big black Angus bull. yup there a story there...ok
i was barely asleep when we hear a kaboom up against the side of my parents 5th wheel trailer. i lay there thinkin "that's probably not normal/or good" my dad gets up saying "what the hell was that?" he opens the door and says "get the hell autta hea, go on git before i pepper your ass." i already know:poke: some big animal has tried to rape my baby! my dad tells me the bike is knocked over. i zip up and put on pants. took both me and my dad to get the bike up and out from under the trailer. i even left dusty barefoot prints on the side of the trailer tryin to get her up from the wrong side. we set her up, mildy servey dammage, crunched right side fairing... again. broke windshield, i go to sleep gigglin, :laugh: what else could i do? im the morning i hunted down a cop and did an incident report. told him i didn't realize this was open range. he said "ITS NOT!" rancher has been told a number of times to fix his fence and get his stock out of the park!. ooo im gonna rake him over the coals!
broken/dammaged stuff
right brake lever, right side fairing, nose section, bar end, mirror and boot, broke my brand new tour screen (way bummed about that! i just got it a week ago.), dinged muffler, poped a fairing plastic rivit, lost forever i looked but it was just gone. is that it? i think so.
only me! im still gigglin. its just too funny! poor ol Bessie. didn't know she was a horny cow.:rofl:
well today i tried to make as many miles as i could. just held it on 80 74gps, all day long. although be it, i did get a late start 10:30-11am. hit Paris TX. an hour after dark. tried to stay in Bonham TX. but there was no beer to be had. and i needed just 1. im livin off Tylenol. my neck and back are was tired and stiff. did 250mi yesterday, and 416mi today. going to try to push for New Orleans in the morning. its almost 500 there. ouch.
i just realised im typeing in the same position as i have been rideing all day. im going to load some pics and go to bed.
til later Brothers and Sisters.
Happy Dreams.:beerchug:

ncom florida pics 002.jpg

ncom florida pics 003.jpg

ncom florida pics 008.jpg

ncom florida pics 010.jpg

ncom florida pics 013.jpg

Last edited:
ahh i just uploaded the wrong pics..there fixed.
i totally forgot to tell yall the only reason i went to that silly canyon was to meet up with my folks who have been on the road sense January. snowbirds.
oh and i figgured out what got Bessie all heated up.:rofl::thumbsup:

ncom florida pics 022.jpg

ncom florida pics 025.jpg

ncom florida pics 028.jpg

ncom florida pics 040.jpg

ncom florida pics 042.jpg

Road trips! Man I love 'em!!! Great thread...

Leaving for Ocala to meet up with chapter brothers this thursday. We'll be rolling into NCOM Saturday mornng.

Keep an Eye on the weather, there is a lot of flooding in the SouthEast right now.... making work real busy.....

Wow! Talk about a trip home. Chlili NM was 7 miles down the road from our ranch when I was a kid growing up in NM! Thanks for the memories on that one right there.

There was a great steak house about 10 miles before you got there. Did you stop for a dinner there?

Looking forward to more updates along the way. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for this trip.

pulled the bike into the room. guess they thought i left. no wake up call, and i think checkout was 35min ago:laugh:
oh well, East bound and Down.

thanks for sharing the updates and pics, have a safe trip :beerchug:

Back