MikeSomething

Registered
Insurance companies go by
- Driving Record
- Credit Score
- Type of Bike
- Area you live in
- # of years experience

It's amazing, I just got a quote for full coverage in New Jersey for $500.00!!!
I was jumping for joy... then they ran my VIN on the bike and it jumped up to $3k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it stated on the form they got back "HIGH RISK"... WTF. They said it had nothing to do w/ me, or any of the other things listed, just soley because of the bike. Anyone else enjoying these kinda rates?

That is crazy! The $500 part is fine. I pay $500 a year for my 05 hayabusa with full coverage. I called before I got the bike and checked on rates. I think it was $40 a year more for the Busa than for my VFR800.

That is crazy! The $500 part is fine. I pay $500 a year for my 05 hayabusa with full coverage. I called before I got the bike and checked on rates. I think it was $40 a year more for the Busa than for my VFR800.
That's what I was thinking!! I just couldn't get around the fact that it's $2500.00 more simply because it's a 1300. I mean, come on!!! :banghead:

It's amazing what these insurance companies do. I have an excellent credit score but why is that even an issue. It's make me sick. If you don't pay they will cancel you period. So why do they get away with treating customers like a second rate citizens if you don't have a good credit score. Then they can single out a bike, but not the customers driving record....Freaking thieves.:cursin::firing:

But I have to say State Farm is the best around here, by far.

I have SF for the 06 full covered..pay about 90 a month.

I got liability for the 05LE and SF wanted $196 for 6 mos.???

I called Geico and put the 05 with them for $101 a year for liabilty.

edit: All I have with either company is teh bike.

6k for 1 year w/ dairyland (full coverage)
800 a year w/ State farm(full coverage)(required car to not have a gap in past 12 months)
4k for 1 year w/ Progressive(Full coverage)

im with progressive..../cry

MikeSomething said:
Just called State Farm...

$996.00 for 6 months. I have no points. I hate my life.

Check with Cottonstate before you do anything. Mine was gonna be $2034 with progressive $1270 with geicko. I'm paying Cottonstate $377. Go figure!!

6k for 1 year w/ dairyland (full coverage)
800 a year w/ State farm(full coverage)(required car to not have a gap in past 12 months)
4k for 1 year w/ Progressive(Full coverage)

im with progressive..../cry

Dude, I love my busa as much as the next guy, but if I had to pay 4k a year in insurance? I would sell that thing so fast it couldn't get out of first gear!!!

That is ludicrous, 333.33 a month for insurance? You don't own a frigin Lamborghini!!!

If you don't mind peeing all that money away, then that is one thing, but forget that. If you own the bike outright, I would carry the least possible on it and pocket that other that you pay every month. In a year you would have almost enough to buy another one.

I pay $600 a year full coverage- 02 Busa, $200 a year full coverage -02 Warrior. I have my coverage through Progressive, my car company(Travlers) doesnt do bikes.

Huh. What the heck? $996 per 6 months is four times what I pay along with others I see. What would possibly make yours so high? Cannot be just the bike. Did you try checking for another bike. Just make one up or something.

I should have stated that I had Geico for a long time on my cars and my Buell and Harley. They were cheaper than most others.

They wanted 2000 dollars a year for the busa alone! and I have never had a ticket, accident, etc. in my 35 years.

One call to state farm and what I was paying Geico for ONE motorcycle, I now have both insured at full coverage at that same price. I pay 800 dollars a year for full coverage on the 08 busa and an 08 Buell 1125R.

For the guy above paying 4k, RUN - don't walk to the nearest phone and call State Farm.

Guys, I'm paying $2k right now a year through Progressive.
I'm looking at all the states you guys are living in... I think you guys would never wanna try living where I am.

I pay 800 dollars a year for full coverage on the 08 busa and an 08 Buell 1125R.
Buell's, even the 1125R, aren't considered any kind of high risk sportbike. They're extremely cheap on insurance. I think my friend w/ the Lightning XB12s only pays $300.00 a year for his where I live.

Last edited:
I just called my agent. Cottonstate for you northerner's is Country Insurance and Financial services. Ever heard of that in Jersey?

I just called my agent. Cottonstate for you northerner's is Country Insurance and Financial services. Ever heard of that in Jersey?
Never... sounds like a place you get insurance policies w/ every carton of smokes you buy. I'll look it up, worth a shot. Thanks... :beerchug:

Dude, I love my busa as much as the next guy, but if I had to pay 4k a year in insurance? I would sell that thing so fast it couldn't get out of first gear!!!

That is ludicrous, 333.33 a month for insurance? You don't own a frigin Lamborghini!!!

If you don't mind peeing all that money away, then that is one thing, but forget that. If you own the bike outright, I would carry the least possible on it and pocket that other that you pay every month. In a year you would have almost enough to buy another one.

>.> yeah.... i dont have full coverage.....
:whistle:

I pay $575 a year with State Farm for full coverage (with upped rates and uninsured motorist) on my 2008 Hayabusa. That is the only vehicle I have insured with them, all others are with USAA.

Back