Two bikes one pickup truck

Bullitt995

Registered
I need to haul my busa and a gsxr600 in my pickup. What's the best way to strap them down? I have a F250 that has four hook points in the corners of the bed. I have two canyon dancers and a bunch of ratchet straps. Help.

It's not bad at all getting them both in there. I have chocks and all but where do I run the straps to? If you use 8 straps and run them in the obvious directions you get weird angles and the handlebars just want to turn (which is not good). Not to mention interference between the bikes.

Mount some eyebolts in the bed? 2 between the bikes and 1 outside between the bikes and the edge. I know im tellin ya to put alot of holes in your truck, but I would drill for the sake of the bikes.
What chocks do you have and how well are the bolted down? You may be able to tie down to the chocks directly. Maybe...

If I can put TWO fatties in the back of an F150...YOU can do it!

I put in a D-ring front center of bed...down thru the beds underside crossbar.
Mine whent into my Baxley stand...the other bike used my canyon dancer ( to center D-ring and front corner tie down hook.)
For the rears...mine used straps on the passenger pegs to front corner hook and center D-ring ( this keeps the bike pushed forward into the stand realy good. Then we ran straps from rear corner tie to bikes grap bar....other grab bar to other bikes grab bar...then other grab bar to rear corner tie hook.
Going from side to bike to BIKE TO BIKE and then to side...this made the bikes stiff together as one part.......the could NOT rock into eachother.:beerchug:

The other thing that helped...being that both bikes are stretched 10 over on a 5.5 truck bed, the wheel sat ON the tailgate. SO screwed some 2x4s together to put under the wide armed underbrace. Let both air rides down and the underbrace sat on the board. Taking the wheel off the tailgate and placeing the bikes weight on the board right at the end of the bed.

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

I have also done 2 bikes in my 150. Busa and a Cruiser. I used Canyon dancer for the Busa and tie downs on the back, and then the Cruiser was tied down front and back and tied to the Busa in 2 or 3 places. They do fit but you have to have to use EVERY bit of your bed.

Mine rode 600 miles no problem.

The slickest setup I have seen for hauling two bikes (Busa/GSXR1K) was constructed by our very own "GregBob".

Greg took a piece of heavy plywood (3/4 inch I believe) and mounted two wheel chocks along with eye bolts backed up by a 2x6. Works like a dream and the plywood including the tie downs & wheel chocks are slid out in and out when needed and the truck bed is clean for daily use.

Drop "GregBob" a PM and see if he will email or post pictures and how too's? Greg is a carpenter by trade and has a very inventive mind. He also has a loading system where he rides his bikes into the truck bed and then folds up the ramp and stores them along side the bikes for transport. Cool Setup! :beerchug:

i have the adjustable tie down rails in my pick up, but in ur case..maybe a peice of chain with heavy duty caribiners to each tie down in the low front corners, chain should be cut so it can be as tight as possible, then use the links in the chain where u need em as center tie downs??? IDK, just an idea that popped into mind

BIGROD1300, Woooo! I would like to see how you loaded and off loaded them! Awesome!!!

One at a time:rofl:

I have 2 alum arcked folding ramps. One ramp for the bike and the other for ME to walk on along side of the bike. Works great.
Do the NONE chocked bike 1st..on or off....it MUST go 1st.

I have also done 2 bikes in my 150. Busa and a Cruiser. I used Canyon dancer for the Busa and tie downs on the back, and then the Cruiser was tied down front and back and tied to the Busa in 2 or 3 places. They do fit but you have to have to use EVERY bit of your bed.

Mine rode 600 miles no problem.

BigRod and Tom,

What do you guys means by "tied to" one another ? How did you tie them, and with what, like small small straps ?

Thx.

Canyon Dancer = BAAAAADDDD idea. Broke my throttle tube and right hand switch clamp with that thing. There is a hole through the front axle. Stick a solid rod or bar through it. Make it long enough that your tie downs aren't going to slip off and tie down to D rings. Crank the back end down - lots of things to hang on to back there. I get the Busa - KTM 250SXF and YZ all in the F250. Have to put the YZ in backwards. Sorry no pics.

Last edited:
BigRod and Tom,

What do you guys means by "tied to" one another ? How did you tie them, and with what, like small small straps ?

Thx.

Look at the rear pic of mine....AND I explained it in the type up...:laugh:
See the blue strap? I have tension from corner of truck to grab bar / other grab bar to other busa grab bar / then its other grab bar to corner of truck..this keeps constant tension up and across ( thru ) both bikes. THis will keep them from rocking into each other. IT WAS A NORMAL Tie Strap like the others.

Back