2000 Blue/Silver Owners - Look At This - 08 Tail

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
I bought some parts off ebay from this guy. He has a 08 tail on his 2000 Busa. I like it better on the old model than I do on the new one. Thoughts?

Busa08tail.jpg

It looks pretty good and quite natural. I didn't think all the bolt holes would match up to the old structure? Funny how he brings back the one piece of bodywork on the Gen2 that most Gen1 owners don't like.

The tail is a HUGE consideration because that is all the other bikes get to see. I have a K-8 and think the tail is the weakest styling point on the bike. I don't want to start any fires, but I am not not in love with the early tails either. You gotta live with it! Go with whatever is going to make you smile when you walk into your garage.

I like it and it seems to match the bike color. I never liked the tail light on the Gin 1. I think it isn't enough light to be safe. (JMO) I have the 08 blue one and wish i could change some things on it to break up the colors but just don't have any idea where to start.

Last edited:
Blackouts on the GenII tail make a huge difference in my opinion. But then you have to look at some brighter tail lights.

I like the tails on both the Gen I and II. I really like the small folds in the hump on the Gen II.

This bike must get mistaken for a Gen II all the time - and raise some serious puzzlements from people who know their Busas.

This bike must get mistaken for a Gen II all the time - and raise some serious puzzlements from people who know their Busas.
People who know their Busa's are on forums like these and should def know about Gixxer and K8 tail swaps on Gen 1's.

Back