LF Sw-Motech rack for Gen 1..reviews?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Due to some unforseen circumstances I missed out on a members sale of this system. Anybody have the rack/ bags for sale? And if you do have it, do you like it? Is it really as discreet as they say when the racks are removed? Does the bike need a "wide load banner "when the racks/hard bags are installed?

Here are some close ups of how they mount:

Givi mount 1.JPG

Givi mount 2.JPG

Givi mount 3.jpg

Givi mount 4.jpg

Givi mount 5.JPG

DSC07056.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for the pics! Is there a topcase rack that is black like the side rack? And does the topcase rack just pop off like the side racks?

Wow! Thanks for the pics! Is there a topcase rack that is black like the side rack? And does the topcase rack just pop off like the side racks?

Yes it is black not sure about the Gen I but on my Gen II it doesn't come off as easy as the side mounts.... But honestly I rarely if ever remove it, just to darn handy! The top box that attaches to this can be installed/removed in less than two seconds.

The rear rack (silver) is bolted on and stays on.
There is a quick connect plate (black one) that goes on with 3 Duz fasteners (1/2 turn each).

Givi rear1.jpg

Givi rear 2.jpg

I see. I am not sure about having the silver rack permanently attached, maybe convience makes up for it,having that on their and throwing a topbox on whenever is awesome.

I have a set of older Givi 36 's that can go on, won't look as nice as yours, but functional and better yet,FREE!, do you think the 21's would be too small for around town stuff?

The rear rack will come off with 4 bolts if that is better.
I get comments that it is a racing wing. :laugh:

Any size of bag is better than none. It is surprising what you can get in them when you are creative.

Good Luck!

Back