I should be slapped !!

kennym4

Registered
How in the world I went 6 months without riding my bike just kills me. I finely got a battery yesterday, and went for a ride. I can't believe I forgot just how much fun it really is !! I haven't gone that long without riding since I got it in 2006. For the first couple of years I just had so much fun.
Does anybody else ever get bored with riding ? Don't get me wrong I LOVE to ride, but I HATE traffic !! In order to get away from all the people it's like an hour ride away. I think that's what I need to start doing. Instead of riding the same roads over, and over again. I almost always ride by myself, and I always say "I wish I had a group to ride with". But truthfully the only group that I enjoy riding with was the few people I met from here.

I guess what I'm asking is ....What do you do to keep it fun ?

Ride with others always beats riding alone. Do a track day.

Get some galsses and rub grease on them. Makes it REALLY exciting. If you can ut aside 4 hours to ride you can likely get to some pretty cool spots and expand your virgin territory substantially.

not ridden mine for 10 months due to an injury, boy do i miss it
like you i have to ride around 30 mins to get to some good roads , but i do have a good friends to ride with who are very mature so its all good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

glad you found that fun factor again

I get board sometimes also. I have not met to many people in my area that have busa's to ride with. I ride with some Harley guys but it's not to much fun after a while. I am in Lynchburg VA if anyone is close and would like to ride sometime. PM Me and we will get together

I guess I've gotten bored with it to some extent too. I also had been riding a lot by myself last summer. Got a couple of friends that I ride with sometimes. They're on sportbikes but only do the speed limit cruise, so I'm usually riding by myself, even with them. Some of the local sportbike guys (few good riders, lotta squids) I could ride with, but it seems like about every other time I do, we spend 2 hours standing beside the road waiting for someone to come pick up one of their crashed bikes.
Given the nastier than usual winter, it's been easy to just park it. I've only riden twice (1 short hop, 1 decent ride) in the last 6 months myself.
Been in the woods on the dirt bike most weekends lately. Always a new challenge there, and always someone to ride with. And is good riding weather with temps in the 40's and 50's.
Weather is getting better now (slowly), so I'll be out on the Busa more. Will try to hit a few trackdays this summer, look for some new people to ride with, take a few videos, it'll be alright.

You should be slapped. :laugh: I pesonally can't go long without riding, so I ride year around. After two weeks of no riding I get very restless. During winter, snowboarding seems to partially help the situation. Otherwise, I try to go for at least a short ride. The coldest I rode in was 15-20 deg. I could take 15 min of that, any longer and the extremetes go numb.

How in the world I went 6 months without riding my bike just kills me. I finely got a battery yesterday, and went for a ride. I can't believe I forgot just how much fun it really is !! I haven't gone that long without riding since I got it in 2006. For the first couple of years I just had so much fun.
Does anybody else ever get bored with riding ? Don't get me wrong I LOVE to ride, but I HATE traffic !! In order to get away from all the people it's like an hour ride away. I think that's what I need to start doing. Instead of riding the same roads over, and over again. I almost always ride by myself, and I always say "I wish I had a group to ride with". But truthfully the only group that I enjoy riding with was the few people I met from here.

I guess what I'm asking is ....What do you do to keep it fun ?

I have the most fun meeting up with other riders. I hardly ever ride alone anymore, good thing I have alot of friends or I probably wouldn't be riding much either.

Back