Busa wreck...Mystery?

Ranger

Registered
So, I bought back my busa from the insurance company, after stripping it down it was in pretty decent shape considering. I threw my other bikes battery in it and pow, she purrs like a kitten, was happy to see and hear that! Looks like the main damage was to the right side motor mount and the Bracket that holds the instr cluster and stabilizer.

The Mystery to me (ref the thread title) is how the heck did the tank get bent up like it did with out any direct impact, look at the 1st pic, you can see that it has a crease in it along with some crumpling. I was thinking the weight of my body at impact perhaps forced it forward causing dents/crease but I dunno. I can tell there is no part on the tank that actually hit anything...

Anyways included some other pics with it for safety reminders:beerchug:

Oh, it's already sold so dont flood my pm box!:thumbsup:

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

Last edited:
Your body can be amazingly powerful at high speeds. If I understand what you're implying, you hit the tank? When I rear ended a tractor trailer with my Jeep Commanche years ago, I bent the steering wheel....a lot! And I didn't suffer any internal injury. So consider that when you're thinking about that damage to your tank. It does appear to have come from the rider area...it would explain the buckling.

Well you can tell it had to be someone with a Busa.

Because it appears to me your Balls of steel must have hit the tank,

Well you can tell it had to be someone with a Busa.

Because it appears to me your Balls of steel must have hit the tank,
:rofl:

Amazing things happen to the human body when adrenaline kicks in Glad you are OK cant say that enough and grats on the sale :thumbsup:

Yes that what it was. Your nuts and legs scrunched the tank.
Same thing happened when I got run over on my ZX11.
I hit tank so hard and ramped off it when I got hit from behind it did same thing.

Only thing is my nuts swole up to the size of grapefruits afterward !
Ouch !

Cant fix that legally I think, The bike has been titled for destruction and can only be used for parts...I could be wrong though.

Dont think it can be done in FL but other more lenient states and OR COUNTRIES it can...:idea:

We are close to Bahamas, South and Central America Ranger fix it to where your conscience would be clean and post it on some of the foreign Ebay sites.
I bet it would get snapped up by someone with more of an idea of what to do with it than you or I.
I can see that thing runnning around Brazil, Colombia, Chile , Costa Rica..?

probably from you but could be from the tool that towed it...sometimes the straps will damage the bike, and the tow guys dont care what they do to them when your not around

probably from you but could be from the tool that towed it...sometimes the straps will damage the bike, and the tow guys dont care what they do to them when your not around

Either that or I don't know how you wrecked or what happened maybe if you fell over your knee into the side and nuts pressing in the tank. Or if you saw it coming like others said you just crushed it while bracing.

Glad your ok man congrats on the sale now to just get another :thumbsup:

balls of steel :beerchug:

a good welder could cut that frame section out and replace it. or you could get a used frame.
i'd just grab a tig welder and zap it back together.
im wyoming you can still build the most mad max rides and be legal. state vin# only cost $1.:whistle:

Was it like that at the crash site?

If not, my guess is that a fork lift or storage lot machine picked it up and did it...

Apparently yes the tank was the same.
Here is a pic he posted that was taken on scene.
You can see the damage under the tank protector..

Ranger, you did the famous Oh Sheet Squeeze !
Same thing as when folks lift cars off of others.
In certain moments abilities of great strength can be exhibited .

Your knees squeezed it then your body ie nuts slammed into it.

Looks as mine did.

crash3.jpg

Back