new battery ?

kennym4

Registered
When getting a new battery (from dealership), does it come charged ? I read something about "acid included in separate packets". Is that just when you order in the mail ?

thanks AGAIN,
Kenny

When I bought my Yuasa the dealer filled and charged it. So I'd say no, unless the dealer does it for you.

I shopped online, found the best price and the dealer matched it with tax included. Saved $20 :thumbsup:

Call their parts department and tell them you need one. They will do that for you and charge it, or they should. You won't have to fool with any of that.

if you order and get a batteryu shipped to you the acid will be in seperate bottles for each cell. I prefer doing the first charge myself so you know for sure it was fully charged. All you do is dump the acid in, close the top, and charge it up overnight.

yes, but I guess if you pick one up from cetain delaers they've already filled and hopefully fully charged the battery before they hand it over to a customer.
If I'm not mistaken, most or all motorcycle batteries come with acid in a seperate container.

we have batteries on the shelf,when you get it pull out box bolt in and go lmk if we can help...

Just bought one this weekend from Battteries Plus supposed to be stronger and has more cold cranking amps with a 2 year warranty, it was fully charged they checked it with a volt meter before completing the sale.

Yup, came fully charged, but wouldn't you know they only had 1 kind of battery.....$134.00, but it's maintenance free !!!! :laugh:

Got a battery tender too, and my boy said he wants to slap me for paying $35.00, is that too much ?

Last edited:
29.99 around here plus tax for the tender

Got my battery 89.00 they had one for 69.00
They are all maintenance free for our bikes :poke:

Don't bother with the origianl acid Busa battery. Get a sealed gel battery like on the Blackbird. Yuasa YTZ12S. It's a bit taller but fits, and lasts longer too.

Back