The cost of biking

newman

Registered
I'll tell you what one thing I didn't think about when I decided to get a new bike is all the additional costs. Ok new busa £9095/$13900, then of course insurance £525/$800, Right I thought Security, Alarm £390/$595 Oh I'll get a chain and padlock as well £75/$115 Ah and a disc lock £38/$58 and alpha dot £20/$30 (I had my gs750 stolen after 1 year don,t want to go through that again) Crash protectors £241/$367 hemets x 2 £240/$366 (me and my girlfriend) I'll get some ride on £25/$38 riding gear £320/$488 (only getting kevlar jeans,textile jacket at the moment plus boot and gloves, I'll get some leathers when I slim down a bit) delivery £99/$151 and a sat nav only because they show where speed cameras are £310/$473. I'm glad I am selling My house because I would not be able to afford it Otherwise. As this is My first bike since 1979 I hope I'm not being to anal about all this but I'm new to the modern biking scene and I'm getting a bit excited about it all. I'm 54 and my girlfriend is 46 and all my friends think I'm crazy to get a busa, but sod em I bet they all want a go on the back.ta Dave.

:welcome: crazy you say, you would be crazy not to , youll wish you did it years ago , enjoy its only money :laugh:

Welcome to the oRg, sounds like you are off to a good start! How about some pics?

:welcome: Hey I am 51 years young and my girlfriend had never road on a sport style bike, Just a harley and she told me the first time we road it was the best ride she has ever been on. My insurance is $980.00 a year but i guess we have to have it to be on the safe side right. Enjoy it and be safe

you'll be reaching in those pockets deep more than you want to, trust me. you forgot chain, brake pads, plugs, fluids, and TIRES. :laugh:

:welcome: you'll never regret your choice.

And, I've never though a bike (Busa type anyway) would be less expensive than a car. Infact, the cost is more than my Corvette, but WELL WORTH IT :thumbsup:

Welcome to the .org! It does get a little expensive when you get a big boy bike! Good luck and have fun riding! :beerchug::thumbsup::beerchug:

Forgot about all the afters tyres etc. The thing is I haven't bought the thing yet My house has been for sale for 4 months just waiting for it to be sold, It's frustrating but I'll get there in the end and post some pics when it happens. Thanks Dave.:thumbsup:

Bang for your buck you can't complain about the Busa. Once you've got the bike & all the gear, just fill the tank & you've got a few hours of stupid fast, adrenaline pumping action.
To get the same performance out of 4 wheels your bank balance would be a lot less.

Sure it cost plenty of $$ at first but the riding gear is a one time cost (until you start replacing them years from now). But then you might even start collecting expensive riding gear. I never thought I would spend over $500 for a helmet, now I have three of them that are over $600 each :laugh:

Back