For the Wide tire fans

Like it? Hate it?

Is it a good deal?

IMG_6289.jpg

Id have to say NO. The WIDE jackshaft.....from far left to far right will put one heck of a strain on the cog bearings. Plus you have an open spinning shaft ride between them. Where that shaft is ......normaly there is a crossbar ( part of the arm to brace the windth of it) = not structural integrity of the wider arm rails. YES it is a cheaper $$$, but I my thoughts say NO!

It would be alright for cruising main street I guess but I am with Bigrod on the jackshaft setup.

Fat, yes, that piticular one, NO. Bigrod had the best reasons, but cheap on ebay isnt something I want on rear end of my bike. Who makes it? ATC? Roaring toys? ect... name brands count in some areas IMO

talk to c&s if you like that style.

if youre goin 300mm. i would just go 330 and get the osd.. just me though

like rod said, poor jackshaft design, esp since a jackshaft is a poor design to run alot of power through anyway.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Constructive criticism. I work with the guys that built it. Having laid it next to a "name brand" 300 arm there is no comparison. Below is a real life pic of a "name brand" arm. Square joints are trash (ask an engineer). This arm uses 304 stainless rod for shafts & 4140 structural steel for the arms (no need for bracing) Aluminum is generally lighter, but not when you use so much of it. Without the under braces & reinforcement of corners it came in around the same weight and stronger to boot. Double row bearings etc etc.......its built for abuse & not for show like alot of the stuff out there. Please keep it coming though. I want to hear any suggestions you might have for changes.

The top end guys charge more than what it costs to support their brand/advertising. The bottom end guys are making dangerous products out of their garages. My friends are offering a good product at a reasonable price. Criticism is welcome, but please offer constructive criticism & not just internet trash talk.

monster 023.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love the internet. Name one 300 that has DOT approval. I dare ya. There isn't an aftermarket blinker that has DOT approval much less a swingarm.

dont see it stated on there that is doesnt. so i guess you do love the internet.

i didnt say any other ones did.

first time that jackshaft craps out and seizes someones tire, they go down. hopefully survive, then they will own you and your friends company.

nowhere on that ad does it state for offroad use. or a business name, llc or anything

good luck.

just fyi there are plenty of aftermarket parts that have dot approval i dont know and dont care about fat tire kits. just stating youre taking on a huge liability

I agree there are things that you can save money on with little or no risk, but the rearend of your bike is not somewhere I would cut any corners! Save up a little longer and get a quality product that you can be happy with and is also safe.:learn:

I agree there are things that you can save money on with little or no risk, but the rearend of your bike is not somewhere I would cut any corners! Save up a little longer and get a quality product that you can be happy with and is also safe.:learn:

More $$$ doesn't always equal better. I saw a $5500 arm (in the second pic & I won't name names) laid up against this one. It was junk. The adjuster bolts were stripping out. The welds were crap....... oh but it had some big name shop with an advertising budget stamped on the side.

Why does a new idea have to be worse? These guys are pretty confident in their product & like I said having seen it side by side with a "name brand" there is no comparison. I just wanted to see what people thought of the design. The quality is not debateable unless you've seen it in person.

1st..to help design: At that shaft of the across arm jackshaft, " hide that thing with in a brace of the arm with a cover plate over it atleast. THere is NO support to the arm except the 1st few inches away from the pivot end..PERIOD! I dont care who or what type of welds they use.....the arm is to long and wide. It widens out and then runs back to wheel....needs support where it widens out!
Idea...add a cross bar where the jackshaft is..then the jackshaft forward on the arm so that the jack cog looks sim to the other kits..hard to explain it.
If I had that on the MULLET...Id blow it apart is less than 400 miles of use. AND some one will be taking care of all cost of damages to me and a $33 K bike. MEANING watch what you MAKE to sell to others....you can try and cover your but, but it will get BIT.

Criticism is welcome, but please offer constructive criticism & not just internet trash talk.

aww common:poke:, i just wanna talk poopoo on your awesomely groovy asss end!
groovy, butt, just seems like alot of adjusting to get both chains square.

still groovy:beerchug:

Another pic of the "name brand" arm
It doesn't have any cross bracing where it widens out & its 8 inches longer & 3 inches wider.

On the black one the cross shaft is press fit into bearing blocks that are bolted in. Its solid stainless, so I'd say you could consider the shaft itself a brace.

The adjusting really isn't any worse than this one. A little easier in my opinion. Definately more sturdy. They have square bolt heads pusing on round shafts. The whole this is starting to wear funny & stress the adjuster bolt.

monster 042.jpg

Last edited:
What type of testing has been done on this design? Has the arm been installed on a high hp bike and run on a dyno for a period of time then magnafluxed to see if there is any stress cracking at the welds? Has the arm been tested to see at what point the welds will fail? Was a structural engineer consulted on the design? Not giving you a hard time and no I don't know what other manufacturers do this testing, but these are questions I would ask any manufacturer before I spent the money on a high dollar component like this.

The guys I work with have been building swingarms for years, but mainly for local customers and custom builds. This is just their first original design. Those are great questions though. I know its had dyno time, but I'm not surea bout the rest. I'll have to ask. I have a pic of the prototype that I know they hammered for a year or so before building this one.

300 kit 033.jpg

Another pic of the "name brand" arm
It doesn't have any cross bracing where it widens out & its 8 inches longer & 3 inches wider.

On the black one the cross shaft is press fit into bearing blocks that are bolted in. Its solid stainless, so I'd say you could consider the shaft itself a brace.

The adjusting really isn't any worse than this one. A little easier in my opinion. Definately more sturdy. They have square bolt heads pusing on round shafts. The whole this is starting to wear funny & stress the adjuster bolt.

YOU are incorrect about the a brace at the wide of the arm. LOOK at your arm...the last cross brace is at the narrow section. NOW look at the one you just pic...at the wide section ( where it starts ) is the CROSSbrace! How can something that spins...be a crossbrace?

Back