Gixxer 600 trade...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Well I have been trying to sell my 2 seater Gem Electric car for quite sometime now. Unfortunately I have waaaaay too much $ into it ( about $7500 )
Best offer so far was $2500, and I was down to taking maybe $3500 or less... I also listed it on Craigslist for trade or Barter. Tonight I got a call from a kid in the Bay Area who has a 07 Gixxer 600 with only 3600 miles on it and he wants to trade... :cheerleader:

From what I am reading online I should be able to get around $6K for it, I hope.

Anyone need a little bike for the track or ... ? ???

:cool:

gixx600.jpg

Good luck with the sale. Sure wish times were better. I have been looking into getting a 2nd bike so I don't put so many miles on my 'Busa.

FastFrog,
You do bring up a pretty good thought. It does seem a little odd that the kid would be willing to trade the GSXR 600 for an electric car.

What's the story on the nest of wires hanging from the rear? It appears he's tried to install a stereo/speaker system in the bike?

What's the story on the nest of wires hanging from the rear? It appears he's tried to install a stereo/speaker system in the bike?

I convinced myself that it was just a really odd keychain. Considering that the former owner wanted a Gem instead of a Gixxer, the odd keychain just made sense to me:laugh:

Ok, so Here's what happened ...

I bought the car originally from a Car Stereo shop, it was nice but kinda unfinished. I put another $1800 into it and it looked and sounded good. But most of the people who buy these cars are retired seniors... so a 1500 watt system doesnt appeal to them.

I listed the car for $5K obo. The kid who owns a different stereo shop see's my ad and emails he wants to trade after exchanging photo's ... we agree, I then deliver it to him 3 + hours from my house. Bike looks good starts right up, runs smooth ... He has been trying to hook up this hoky stereo system. I was really surprised he did such a lame job but it did work. I go to test ride the bike and it feels like it will barely move ... spongy wierd handling, I look down and there is barely any air in the tire ... rear is also 1/2 flat chain is sagging and goopy... he knew I was coming from 200 miles away and didnt clean the bike or air up the tires ? ??? So anyway I get the bike home late that night, removed all the stereo junk, cleaned up the bike and have been riding it around and it is like riding a moped on steroids, lots of fun, tips in real quick I wish I could keep it as a stable mate for the Busie or maybe do track days with it ... but it's gotta go. I have it on Craigslist and have got a few calls and some one is coming up with cash this wknd. ( keepin fingers crossed ... )

Fun Bike :thumbsup:

* Anyone want the stereo stuff? Trade me something ... ?

gixxer600 002.JPG

gixxer600 005.JPG

gixxer600 026.JPG

Last edited:
No no, Some Busa's have some sweet systems, but the Gix 600 not only doesnt have room but he put a regular car deck on and bolted it to the undertail than sodderd the the control wires to the back of the face plate ... it was just lame for a guy who is suppose to be a pro.

No no, Some Busa's have some sweet systems, but the Gix 600 not only doesnt have room but he put a regular car deck on and bolted it to the undertail than sodderd the the control wires to the back of the face plate ... it was just lame for a guy who is suppose to be a pro.

That's what I'm saying....there's zero room on a GSXR for a stereo. Their rear hump BARELY fits a gatorade......let along any stereo equipment....and mounting it under the tail in the elements.... :poke: Also his speaker location looked like a problem just waiting to happen. The only ones I've seen done on a Busa were total custom jobs where they were molded into the tank or rear where there was actually some room. Just not crammed under the tail and speakers in front of the grips. :laugh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Im sorry but thats just too f-in funny to me:rofl:

Wish I could spare the $ I have been looking for a more gas friendly commuter. Good luck with the sale.

What do you want to throw all that stereo stuff in a box and send it to me?

Need a cheap set up in my off road truck.

That is a pretty cheesy lookin install of the motorcycle. Hope you do get it sold this weekend.

Back