Dropped it in the garage....

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I went for the darwin award, and when backing it up to the edge of the garage so I could run it and vent fumes, the kickstand mustve notched up, and she went down. :banghead:

Here's the damage, I tried Qixx as recommended in another thread, and it got maybe 40%.

I know I am lucky all things considered, nothing broke, small crack outside main mounting hole on the outside but not all the way through, and some paint is chipped in the bolt area.

Anybody have any ideas?

Miscellaneous 129.jpg

Miscellaneous 130.jpg

Looks all to familar!! Been there Done that. I feel for ya Brother>

Don't ya hate when that happens!

Eh, very frustrating, but it's 10 years old, and these things happen. Could be so much worse. One of those things I will notice every time I see it, but most won't. Oh well.

Funny that it is my first time "going down" on my busa :laugh:

ugh I feel ya, I dropped mine trying to put it on a cheap rear stand...ebay special and the hook missed the spool then when I lifted it went right over. Cracked my fairing bad, broke off my puig db, and scratched my mirror and tail section. O and it was the first year I had it...:banghead:

I did the same thing...bought some touch up paint from Color Rite, and it looks "just ok".

Oh well...it happens.

CW

oh no!!! sorry to hear. Atleast it was on the kickstand side...right? I dropped mine last fall and was able to get about 90% of it to dissapear with some 1000 grit paper, 1500 grit paper, and then 2000 grit swirl remover.

I did the same thing last summer rolling my bike down a ramp with a buddy. Frame slider caught most of it, but the plastic is deeply scratched near the clutch cover. New side plastic $509.00. I'm gonna be trading this '03 as is...

I need a new fairing also. 2 years ago while having a party. Somebody decided to see what it felt like sitting on it. He was drunk and shouldn't have been anywhere near it. But he was in the garage haveing a smoke. When he tried pushing it, over she went. Told him that just cost him three to five hundred. I haven't seen him since. It has a nice stress mark right below the slider.

I need a new fairing also. 2 years ago while having a party. Somebody decided to see what it felt like sitting on it. He was drunk and shouldn't have been anywhere near it. But he was in the garage haveing a smoke. When he tried pushing it, over she went. Told him that just cost him three to five hundred. I haven't seen him since. It has a nice stress mark right below the slider.

It would have cost him his front teeth if it would have been me......

Ouch! Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, as you can see others including myself have done it. My bike went down in the garage, snapped off the left side mirror and then lodged against one of my other bikes....foot peg right into the side of my tank which I now cover with a bra.

Done that too.

Then I smartened up & got a Woodcraft Cover. If you ease it down gently, it will come to rest on the removable puck. DAMHIK. :laugh:

I did it once with my 2001 in my driveway. :banghead: I was backing out and the bike rolled to a stop with one wheel in the street (the rear) and the front wheel on the driveway with my feet dangling over the gutter in the ultimate OH $H!T moment just before it fell on the left side. Luckily for me the sliders (frame and swing arm) took all of the damage and all I had to replace was some Lockhart end caps.

Back