How do you gap these plugs?

thelakeshow2k

Registered
first time i've purchased ngk cr9ek plugs.... and i don't know what to do? :wtf: can someone please explain how to gap and what the gap should be. thanks.

P1020909.JPG

:rofl:Not laughin AT you, just seems funny. I don't know for sure myself, but I would say with a feeler guage. The gap to be the same from the electrode to the tip.

:rofl:Not laughin AT you, just seems funny. I don't know for sure myself, but I would say with a feeler guage. The gap to be the same from the electrode to the tip.

That would be my guess too.
They should be pre-gapped, but good to check.
What are they for?

.031 to .035 thousandths(.08 to .09mm) is what service manual says for gen2. Gen1 is probably the same, but I can't say for sure. You can download either manual here for free. I would gap them on the side the same as the top on a normal plug.

Strange I just put NGK cr9 plugs in and they were single tab with iridium core .
Did not look like those at all ?

Gap those same as any other .

Figured something was diff .
What's the purpose or benefit of ones he has ?

Hotter , more spark ?

Figured something was diff .
What's the purpose or benefit of ones he has ?

Hotter , more spark ?

So they claim, seen several of these type plugs giving 2 to 3hp in V8s on rearwheel dyno. Who really knows. A small gain if any.

Die hard boat guys spend a ton of time testing plugs. Many of the test out there show the CR9EK and the CR9EIX to be almost identical in performance but the pricing is not the same. I use the CR9EK's based on a ton of RPM testing done by some of the best four stroke boat engine builders out there. Use Google. Many found that the CR9EK's reduced fouling due to a better burn or spark intensity.

My RX7 runs those NGK's stock, But that is a rotory so the cyclinder design need something diffrent.

Back