What percent of riders have been 150 mph

tclause

Registered
What do you guys and gals think the percent of motorcycle riders who have been 150 mph. I would guess given the number of bikes capable of 150 and the riders willing to go that fast it is probably one or two percent.

I have an 01, which means it is restricted to no faster than the speed limit... honest! But if you are asking about seeing the tach bounce in 6th? :whistle:

I would have to go with a higher percentage of around 30 to 35%. Just my opinion though, and it is probably higher than that. I would say65 to 70% of sportbike rides have been that fast.

I suspect it would be a bit higher, I don't consider myself to be a great rider, but even I, have broken 150, it's pretty close to my current limit in that, around that speed I start to feel very mortal. and there's lots of bikes out there that can do it.

:beerchug:

172mph on speedo, however there is speedo error so in all likelyhood maybe 165?

only pulled the trigger that way 2 times, more at about 150mph maybe 4 times.

Gotta really know the highway and there are only 2 maybe 3 places in my area where it can be pulled off. Long straightaways with wide open clearings on each side and tall game fences.

I also start to question my tires ratings and how much they are worn.....among other things. Like others have mentioned..my mortality..

But the bike is rock solid..very stable...but you have to hang on with a gorilla grip!

Last edited:
Something about Death Valley and looooooong straight roads leads one to do things one should not be doing. I know absolutely nothing about waving bye to the BMWs and tearing off towards the horizon at speed. I saw 176 on the GPS. Maybe that was it's model number.

DSC01394_smaller.JPG

Last edited:
Ive been 160 mph,but it wasnt on a bike. I was in my buddies corvette. I was the passenger and scared to death,but ive been 138mph on my Busa and was very comfortable doing it.

I meant motorcycles and riders overall I mean how many cruisers are sold for every one sportbike not to mention all of the vintage stuff still riding around. There are probably hundreds of thousands of bikes total that can't reach that speed.

bike, not so much, but i came from cruiser land before this, so those bikes just didnt feel very safe at those types of speeds...

however, in the gto, well, lets just say i headed north of old hwy 160, and had plenty of road left in it when i turned off...

for things like that, the cage just feels safer in general... and in Iowa there are only a couple places you can pull stunts like that off... roads around here SUCK...

in phoenix, plenty of room for those types of things

there is speedo error so in all likelyhood maybe 165?

I thought the same thing and the Trooper that stopped me confirmed it, man was he mad! I have done that twice here in OK in 10 years and got smacked twice!

I think I had my 'busa for a week before I made it a couple ticks past 150. Been 155 in a GT500 shelby driving, and 167 in the passenger seat, though.

It doesn't take any skill to pin it.

Back