Hayabusa vs bmw S1000RR youtube vid

kml

Donating Member
Registered

Looks like we are going to have to settle for second place. :whistle:

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
If I wanted a faster bike to begin with I would of just went with the zx14.:laugh: Doesn't bother me that the bmw might be faster then the busa. I'll just be more comfortable riding almost just as fast.

What does that vid prove, nothing what were the race parameters what did the riders weigh ect. ect. I hate those this vs that vids.

Last edited:
"It's the man, not the machine." Chuck Yeager

chuck yeager.jpg

A friend of mine always talks smack when he beats me. He has an '09 CBR 1000rr and I ride an '06 Hayabusa LE. We both put out the same power, but he is almost 200 lbs lighter them me and his bike is another 200 lbs lighter. I just always tell him if I was a lot lighter and put out a little more power he wouldn't even stand a chance. That usually gets him to shut up.

It may be me, but all I saw was to streaks, I dont prove anything....

Agreed! I'm trying to figure out how anyone could tell who was in the lead ???

We all know the new Beemer is bad beast...anyway you cut it. Who knows...maybe it will edge us out on top end,...maybe it won't. But watching
0:11 seconds of an unclear video isn't the way to prove it.

None the less...thanks for the share KML. I'm sure more vids will be realeased as the 1000RR gets into the hands of the buyers.

If anyone wants to know what the BMW is capable of all you will have to do is watch the AMA Dragbike Supersport class.

This class only allows motorcycles without engine modifications, you can change the exhaust and add a Power Commander or Bazzaz unit but for the most part that is all.
(Rules: http://www.amadragbike.com/rules/2010/2010_Rulebook.pdf)

Currently, the record is held by Rickey Gadson on the bane of the Hayabusa, a ZX-14 at 8.907 in the 1/4 mile.

The BMW has some big hurdles as far as drag racing is concerned.

I couldn't tell which one is which... Going to take a lot more than performance to get my Gen 1 keys away from me. It may be an old bird but it's still the sweetest ride for me. Fits me like a glove there is no other bike produced that I can say that about. Enjoy your ride what ever it may be.

But isn't that BMW supposed to be being compared to the GSXR 1K I thought they were in the same class ??? Isn't this the bike that is going to roll all over the liter bikes on the track ??? I don't pay to much attention to the circuit though AMA or Superbike..

Looks like we are going to have to settle for second place. :whistle:

Seriously, that is one silly video. I ran at 480p and tried to go through it frame by frame, and I could still not tell which was which. I am guessing that the person who posted it would like me to believe that it was the Busa that was getting stomped, but how can I. You can't see a thing. L

On another note, I have had the pleasure of watching manufacturers shave weight and increase power on the litre bikes for years. The amount of time, money and effort put into the technology that powers those little things boggles the mind. They are forever evolving. So, it comes as no surprise to me that there might actually be a litre bike that can keep pace with the Big Dawgs.

But the thought of this doesn't bother me. Why? Because, I do not believe that manufacturers will ever stop making hyper-sport bikes like the Busa and ZX14. There are just too many of us. So, if in fact this new beemer can actually keep pace with a hyper-sport, then I look forward to seeing what Suzuki and Kawasaki put out next.

Everything I see says the BMW is tapped out around 183-85, like every other liter they are geared for the track and have engines and trans gearing suited to that purpose. No competition on the top end for a gen 2 de-restricted. And yes I know they are restricted as well but the point is they are out of steam by the time they get close to the speed limiter. When I am at redline in 5th and one gets around me I will start sweating, I shouldn't need 6th :laugh:

redline in 5th is only about 185. lol, i ran out of balls and had another gear to go.

Well, okay, my 2 cents thrown in, market niche for the BMW is as a take no prisoners track bike...probably the most sophisticated traction control for the money you can buy. Its main competition on the track being the Suzuki, Yami, and Honda liter bikes...The KLM and Ducati are alot more expensive...The Aprilla is probably the badest mother of them all and did very very well in its maiden season on the international circuits...but it is a 30 K dollar bike. If you put a stock busa up against a stock beemer my money would be on the beemer every time...more horsepower at the wheel..I believe they are claiming close to 200 hp at the wheel...and over 100 lbs lighter...But I wouldn't trade my sweetie pie for the bmw for anyreason. I use my bike for commuting and an occasional track day..She is smooth, powerful, comfortable as can be..and I trust her engine and gear box like I have no other bike I have ever owned...Here's the thing about BMW's...service and parts are a friggin joke...on you...that is..Dealerships are not well spaced like Suzuki...and it is not joke when you go in with a problem...2hip

Back