Anybody have an Ear Cannon Air Horn?

bazooki

Registered
Just got my usual email flyer from Aerostitch and one of the featured items was the Ear Cannon Air Horn. I thought it looked kinda cool so I read the write-up and the reviews. It's supposedly kind of like a locomotive horn and so loud it will get the attention of pretty much any lost-in-space cage driver, cell phone or not. Anybody here have any first hand experience with it?

http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-uti...mpaign=8b6e3327da-sl20100114&utm_medium=email

Looks interesting, I've seen posts that Mr Bogus uses an air horn but I'm not sure what type~!~ I'd need a trailer for the air horn I want to mount~!!~ :whistle:

Yeah the stock horn is a fricking joke...I dont even bother to use it..I cant even hear the cheap piece of junk when im riding, the stock exhaust is louder .. Where would you mount a air horn?

just asking, but is there a law about how loud of horn you can have??? dont flame me too bad, lol

just asking, but is there a law about how loud of horn you can have??? dont flame me too bad, lol

I think there was a mention in the product reviews about them being banned in one or more states as they are too loud....you would have to research where you live and decide if you wanted to risk it if it was banned. Can't see the police being too concerned about something like this though.....

That link is to a Stebel Nautilus.
I mounted mine under the rear cowl left hand side.
Cut off the grab bar (for lifting onto the center stand) which I would never use.
It Ty Wraps (slip ties) right in there perfect.
Then painted it black to hide it.
Nice and loud - would never be without it again.

DSC04800.JPG

DSC04799.JPG

Mike, did you have to buy the wiring kit as well or can you just disconnect your stock horn and hook it up that way?

I used a Bosch relay that is for driving lights.
Really small and has lots of amp capacity.
I am also running 2 Flamm car horns which I put under the front cowl right side.
So I used the feed from the stock horn to work the relay.
(Tossed the OEM horn - what a joke)
It will work with the stock horn lead on that Stebel if you do it that way.
Cheers!

I am also using a stebel nautilus air horn.Fixed under the head cowling.Did to cut the plastic to fit though.Its freaking loud:beerchug:

Bump...

I am also thinking about combining regular horn with this one, but somehow turn the big boy with about a half second delay. This way, a short press on a horn button will make a not so loud regular horn sound, while holding it longer will engage the cannon.

I wouldn't want to have only the super loud horn - not always appropriate. Could install the second horn button - but this poses array of issues - where to install, easy access, need to retrain yourself to chose the right button for the conditions.

Last edited:
Bump...

I am also thinking about combining regular horn with this one, but somehow turn the big boy with about a half second delay. This way, a short press on a horn button will make a not so loud regular horn sound, while holding it longer will engage the cannon.

I wouldn't want to have only the super loud horn - not always appropriate. Could install the second horn button - but this poses array of issues - where to install, easy access, need to retrain yourself to chose the right button for the conditions.

I wired my 2 Flamm's and the Stebel on one circuit, direct from the battery to a Bosch (40 amp) relay, with a 40 amp inline fuse.
The original horn circuit is wired to activate the realy, and the horns are all on the 40 amp circuit.
You will need the 40 amps if you are going to run horns like you suggest.
I don't understand the delay, when I hit the horn button, I want all the world to hear it all. :laugh:

Here are the relays, (they are about twice the size of a sugar cube) :
Terminal Supply Company - Product Catalog : RELAYS -> BOSCH RELAYS

I think this is the one I used:
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=332+019+150

Last edited:
Back