Member of the year......

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We are starting something new....

We are going to recognize 3 members of the site for the year 2009. We will have a winner, runner up and third... I would like to have nominations from members but a little work will have to be done on the part of the person making the nomination. We need to know why the person you are nominating deserves this new award.... I will keep this open for a little bit then once we have several nominations the admins and mods will narrow the list down to the top 10, the members can then vote on the member of the year.... The top 3 will get something from the site.......

We will be looking for attributes in the winners that represent the core of what the site prides itself on.. Those traits include: Honor, kindness, integrity, trust, a desire to help a fellow member...

Who do you know that falls into this catagory? Have you seen a member do something for someone else on the forum that should be recognized, this is the time to bring it up...

Mods and admins are not eligible for this.......

Post up your nominee in this thread and tell us why they deserve to be recognized...... The more detail the better the chance to win, tell us what you have seen this past year....

cap

Not sure if we are supposed to post or PM our candidate of choice. Either way it doesn't matter because I'm happy to voice my choice for sleeper_red(Jesse)
He has shown his giving nature & desire to help out multiple members(even after getting the short end of the stick by one) by offering to send needed bike parts or just extend an offer of general help, while asking for little or nothing in return.

Also, his post responses & threads(for the most part :poke: :laugh:) are beneficial and help add to the sharing community that we endorse here at hayabusa.org.
Not to mention the guy has a good sense of humor. Goes a long way here w/ us org "addicts" :laugh:

Good luck Jesse....you deserve it! :thumbsup:

I just wanted to thank everyone for making this award just for me. This group really knows how to make a fella feel at home! Thanks again!

Ben :beerchug:

I nominate Scar. He was the first to reach out to me to say hello and welcome me here. In the two years that I have been on this site, I have only seen him offer words of encouragement and support for fellow members. He never enters the fray of political or any other dividing discussions that I know of. He seems to be a voice of moderation.

P.S.- Scar , hit me up about the payoff:laugh:

Not sure if we are supposed to post or PM our candidate of choice.

Post up your nominee in this thread and tell us why they deserve to be recognized...... The more detail the better the chance to win, tell us what you have seen this past year....

I nominate Scar. He was the first to reach out to me to say hello and welcome me here. In the two years that I have been on this site, I have only seen him offer words of encouragement and support for fellow members. He never enters the fray of political or any other dividing discussions that I know of. He seems to be a voice of moderation.

P.S.- Scar , hit me up about the payoff:laugh:
Scar is a Moderator and therefore ineligible however I am open to nominations :laugh:

Can admins nominate anyone? I'm nominating Lurch :beerchug: Just for being an all around great guy, always offering help to others even when things are tough. He sees past himself for his friends...shoot, he even invited me and my kids to Thanksgiving dinner!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

I stumbled across this site last June while looking for info on how to remove the right fairing(for first oil change)without breaking anything hidden. Everyone here has been very helpful and friendly, this is a great site!
I just posted a thankyou the other day, but this deserves to be mentioned again.
Just Recently I was GIVEN a tire by Aussiekeeper. I posted a thread asking if anyone had a cheap used 190 for sale. Aussiekeeper replied that he had two, and would give me both. I explained that I only needed one. He said that one tire was on the rim, and the other was off. I said, just to make it easy to send the one already off the rim. He pm'd me the next day saying that the tire on the rim was in better shape, and to give him a day so he could send me that one!
I sent him a check to cover shipping, but he didn't even wait to recieve it before he shipped me the tire! By the way, the tire hardly looks used at all.
What he didn't know at the time was that my bike had been sitting with a flat since late September. Everytime I got money for a new set, something unexpected came up.
Some may see it as just an old tire, to me IT IS a new tire, I'll be ridin again thanks to a strangers generosity!
(Haven't been able to ride yet, hafta put my HIDs in, and oh yeah, I got the tire mounted as soon as it came last Friday! Then took it home, sprained my wrist, and haven't been able to put it on!:rofl: My friends gonna help me tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to twist the throttle! And there's a heatwave comin to the east!!!)
Anyway, thanks again to Aussiekeeper, you deserve to be recognized!

Scar is a Moderator and therefore ineligible however I am open to nominations :laugh:

Yea, Scar was the first that came to my mind when I read the thread title. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, he's a mod and therefore ineligable.

Still trying to decide on my second pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just so you all know I was going to Nominate Twotonevert ( James ) until I saw no Mods were eligible.

My votes go like this.

Raybusa0818 for 1st place.

V-man 1300 for 2nd.

PdBusa for 3rd .....:poke:

That's why their Mods. Cap has picked out those who have participated for a long time, displayed patience, calm and grace under pressure. :beerchug::beerchug: to all the mods!

And if it can be posthumus, Don has my full support. Alive or dead, he gave so much to us all.

Last edited:
Wow, yeah, Don would definitely be on the list :bowdown: And vman...

*sigh* I miss 'em both so much :down:

This is really tough there are so many great people on this site!

hmmm....for starters, I nominate Lurch. I've been the beneficiary of Kevin's thoughtfulness and consideration and I've read and heard many good things about him. He takes an interest in other peep's difficulties and extends himself to help in any way he can. That's pretty good stuff in my books. (I will make it up there this year, I promise!)

I also nominate GSXite. Hal was the first to extend a welcome to me and has tried his best to lend a hand when I struggled with navigation issues around the .oRg. (We got 'er done one way or another :thumbsup: ) He always posts up positive comments and him, Mary, and the big black lab are always ready with a good word or kind thought, that is, unless your Macon454. :whistle:

I also nominate Busa Jules. Don't really know her very well but I think she's a school teacher and anyone who can be a teacher of anyones kid's these days, ride a busa, and navigate through the .oRg wolfpack with the feminine dignity she has deserves nomination. And besides that, I hear shes pretty competent with a fire-arm! She always seems to have good things to say and the group she hangs with sounds like they know how to enjoy the company of others.

And I would also like to nominate....

oh, wait, the rest of my favorite people are admins and mods...rats! (Sorry, VAB's and semi and twotonevert and ks-waterbug and Scar and well, you get the idea!)

(we are gonna pin this somewhere, aren't we? :whistle: )

Have a Good 'un! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Wow, yeah, Don would definitely be on the list :bowdown: And vman...

*sigh* I miss 'em both so much :down:
+1

I would extend it out to the Varner and Williams clans... as much as we miss Don and Kevin, both clans have pulled together to help the members here that were so close to them both..

As an idea, rather than name Don and Kevin members of the year once, why not name them members of the year every year... by naming the awards after them. After all, it seems to me that we are recognizing members for conducting themselves exactly the same way that Don and Kevin did. What do you all think?

As an idea, rather than name Don and Kevin members of the year once, why not name them members of the year every year... by naming the awards after them. After all, it seems to me that we are recognizing members for conducting themselves exactly the same way that Don and Kevin did. What do you all think?

great idea..

Back