Scorpion Helmets/ Opinions???

bubbaloo

Registered
Looking at the Scorpion EXO 700 or the 1000, would appreciate your comments from all you Scorpion owners.

Scorpion EXO400 series fits better than the 700 for me, 1000 is a totally different unit. 400's can be found on closeout for well under $100. I wouldn't get a 1000 myself, lots of other options out there in that price range but for a budget helmet with good protection you can't go wrong with a 400 or 700 model.

pic of my exo400

these guys have good sales on 400 and 700's right now!
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.co...=SCORPION+Helmets+from+Sportbiketrackgear.com

helm.jpg

They are a good entry level helmet. Moderately priced and fairly well built. I personally hate there visor mechanism. I've broken two shields with normal use.

They are a good entry level helmet. Moderately priced and fairly well built. I personally hate there visor mechanism. I've broken two shields with normal use.
Don't be such a gorilla changing them out! :rofl: Never had a problem myself and have changed my clear and mirrored back and forth a lot. Both of my shields are oem Scorpion units, don't know if that makes a difference.

700 is kinda heavy..

I agree. I have the 700. I like it, but wish it was a little lighter. For the price though, its a good deal. The ventilation is good. The little dials on the side may pop off after awhile (nearly 2 yrs before I lost one), but I contacted the company, and they sent me a set for free.

I've got an exo400. Best helmet I've ever owned. Fits my head perfectly, ventalation is great, I've had no problems with the shield mechanizm and I too change between tinted and clear visors regularly for the last year and a half. Best advice I can give is to try on as many diferent helmets as you can. DO NOT buy a helmet without at least trying on one just like it as all helmets fit peoples head differently. What feels perfect on me may be really uncomfortable on you.:beerchug:

I bought the 700 earlier this year from newenough.com and it's a very good helmet.
Only thing I don't like is that the strap has a standard D buckle. Would much rather have the seat belt type latch like the one on my very worn out Bieffe GPR.

I bought the 700 earlier this year from newenough.com and it's a very good helmet.
Only thing I don't like is that the strap has a standard D buckle. Would much rather have the seat belt type latch like the one on my very worn out Bieffe GPR.

you can buy that buckle attachment for around $7 on ebay or cycle gear or anywhere. they're know to "snap" under stress is why most helmets dont come with them anymore.

i bought a exo 400 for 62.00 from Cycle Gear Black Friday sale. It was a 100.00 off retail I really didn't need a new 1 since i bought a new HJC last year but i couldn't pass up a sweet deal.

you can buy that buckle attachment for around $7 on ebay or cycle gear or anywhere. they're know to "snap" under stress is why most helmets dont come with them anymore.

Thought about that attachement but stay away for the reason you stated. At least with the Bieffe, it's part of the helmet which is snell rated so at least you know it passed their tests. Hard to say what might happen with an add-on, especially if it comes from China.

You kinda get what you pay for...My advice on buying helmets is buy a really
really good one. Don't scrimp, get a really good one and it will enhance your ride and enjoyment.

Last edited:
I have the EXO 1000....got it at Cycle Gear on sale. No complaints except the "anti fog" shield dosen't stay "anti" very long. :laugh:

I accidently dropped my 700 from about maybe 2 1/2-3 foot the faceshield flew off.I replaced it with an Arai and haven't wore it since.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back