Ohlins Vs Penske Shocks

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Anyone here have experience with either shock company with their Busa. And if so, what shock did you get and what were your results.

Also while I'am at it, anyone use Lindermann or Olins front Fork internals. Same question, results and their differences.

No experience myself... but an older chap suggested these.... he had better luck with them then olin. Much easier to dial in. lower msrp

3-WAY Sportsbike Shock Absorbers | www.elkasuspension.com

MOTO-3Way-1[1].jpg

post links please... figure if you went to all that trouble to find pretty picture... you should past the link too... :laugh::poke:

Anyone here have experience with either shock company with their Busa. And if so, what shock did you get and what were your results.

Also while I'am at it, anyone use Lindermann or Olins front Fork internals. Same question, results and their differences.

Not trying to jack your thread.....but while you mention it, is Ohlins the only ones who do internal rebuilds on the Busa forks? I read that someone else did but when I contacted them about it they were oblivious to it even though the magazine article mentioned them by name, address, phone and web address.

I don't have any experience with either but I did just order a set of Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges and a Penske shock combo. They have a deal going on for the pair. Depending on what shock you request the price goes up or down. I did the canyon carver set up that being the AK-20 and a 8983 Penske. It was discounted about 500.00 off regular price. It actually came to 1600.00 installed to my door. I'll report back when it arrives.

For street and occasional track day use, any of the aftermarket goodies will work fine.

However, generally speaking you get what you pay for. If the units are cheap you can pretty much gather you are not getting the premo goods.

We have run both Penski and Ohlins. If you can afford the extra cost, you can't go wrong and won't be disappointed with Ohlins. For everyday use, you will probably notice little difference.

Thanks Guys, at least I know who I'll buy the Ohlins from the Org. if I select them :cheerleader:

I have Ohlins shock and Ohlins internals in the forks. Haven't been on the track with the forks yet, but they perform very well on the street. Adding the hydraulic preload adjuster on the shock is a must in my opinion. Plan on spending $2,500-$3,000 to do front and rear with Ohlins, and that's if you find some deals and rebuild the stock forks.

I've seen where the Ohlins S46-C1 shock cost $1,207 and the internals run around $730.

Just wondering about the difference between the Penske and Ohlins in high speed ROAD conditions. Not, track where the pavement is smooooooooooooooooooth and flat. I'am getting at times where my suspention is getting over whelmed with uneven and undulating pavement :beerchug:

I've seen where the Ohlins S46-C1 shock cost $1,207 and the internals run around $730.

Just wondering about the difference between the Penske and Ohlins in high speed ROAD conditions. Not, track where the pavement is smooooooooooooooooooth and flat. I'am getting at times where my suspention is getting over whelmed with uneven and undulating pavement :beerchug:

How many miles are on you bike? Maybe a good rebuild would suite you better.

Got 'em love 'em. Better bump compliance, less pitching, I can feel the fork working when hard on the brakes. A huge improvement, even on the street ,at a sporty sport touring pace. (sorry Tufbusa.... :laugh: )

sunnybikepaint015.jpg

2507888340102950911xxEzKm_fs.jpg

cheers
ken

Back