Luggage dilemma

Counter

Registered
I love my orange/black K8, but must now ruin it with hard luggage. She who must be obeyed has made it non-optional, we will not be touring again with soft luggage!

I have no experience of hard luggage, I am interested in the Givi V35 as it seems to be a very aerodynamic and aesthestically pleasing (as much as luggage can be), but also considering something like the Givi E460 as side luggage, possibly topped off with a Givi E55 top box. Also really like the look of Admore lighting.

Either option will almost certainly be used with SW Motech's Quick Lock carrier, unless anybody has a better solution? It will come off when not in use, so wingracks etc are not ideal.

Do the V35's actaully make the bike noticably more stable, aerodynamic or actually any narrower than say a pair of E460s ?

What options are there for a top box rack ? There only seems to be a choice of the SW Motech or Renntec racks, both of which look a bit pants! Ideally I would like something like the existing grab bar, does this exist ?

Also I am considering Yoshi R77 Carbon cans, will this get in the way of luggage?

I like the idea of Trax luggage and I see some people have fitted this to busas, is this a good option ?

I'm really not too concerned about the cost of things, if it's worth it and costs alot it will just have to wait another pay day.

Please Help :please:

if cost isnt an issue the corbin bags at least look decent. i have no idea how well they function but......

:whistle:

sh8bag_352.jpg

OK, cost does have it's limits! I draw the line at the Corbin Beetle Bags. I am in the UK so with delivery and the UK import duties they will come to about £1800 ($2700), and whilst they look kind off cool, I am lead to believe they are a b!tch to remove. And they are only 23 L which isn't that much really. Can't be taken off and dumped in a hotel for the day.

Last edited:
OK, cost does have it's limits! I draw the line at the Corbin Beetle Bags. I am in the UK so with delivery and the UK import duties they will come to about £1800 ($2700), and whilst they look kind off cool, I am lead to believe they are a b!tch to remove. And they are only 19 L which isn't that much really.

They are not meant to be removed. You're missing out on some great bags :poke:

I must admit I do keep coming back to them, they just seem such a rip off. Especially over here in the UK.

Do you notice the difference with them on when out for a thrash ?

I must admit I do keep coming back to them, they just seem such a rip off. Especially over here in the UK.

Do you notice the difference with them on when out for a thrash ?

I only ride with them on, they are light and solid as a rock :thumbsup:

I have the Givi hard bags on mine. I have the E52 Maxima for my top bag with a back rest and my side bags are the E41 Keyless and I keyed them to all have the same key.

I also found the SW-MOTECH mounting system that comes off easy and when you don't need to bags, there are only a bracket that is behind the passanger foot peg and a bracket that goes behind the tag. I'd post pictures, but I have never been able to post them here.

SO if I want to ride with the hump and no bags or leave the rear seat and the top bag mount, you can.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/695/ this is where I got the rack mount system and other great stuff for the Busa

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4361/695/ Side rack system

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4382/695/ Top rack system

I had these bags on my Blackbird and they are water proof and come off easily and carry like luggage when you travel. The side bags open up from the top with a combo lock to get small items out without having to use the key or open the whole side of the bag. I've taken tons of stuff on trips and my passangers love having the backrest to lean against on rides.

Last edited:
i.ve been racking my head with what panniers to get . I really like the beetle bags but i live in glasgow so with duty ... The best price i found is £1700 for 46L of space ! I.m thinkling it would b wise to get krauser k wing brackets using krauser k4 for panniers & k5 for top box giving me well over 120L for about £850 . Any thoughts what i should do ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Well if I listened to everything my wife told me I wouldn't own a Hayabusa.

rumpole-of-the-bailey.jpg

I may be trainable but I am not completely domesticated.....yet.

Counter, I use SW Motec stuff. I have a Givi top case and the 2 side cases. I regularly ride 3hrs a day a couple of days a week back and forth to work..Have not had a single problem with any of it. Doesn't effect performance of the bike at all...the only thing I do need to do..and will get to it when the rains begin..is respringing the bike for the extra weight on the luggage...can hobby horse a little when acclerating hard or braking hard for in-and-out of corners. Racks come off in minutes..easy to lock up all of your stuff while at work...don't need to haul all of your crap into the office...very very easy to use...when you want to get wild with the buddies...5 minutes and it is all off..good luck in your decision making..lot of cool stuff out there...Corbins are beautiful...but outrageous prices...2hip

Counter, I use SW Motec stuff. I have a Givi top case and the 2 side cases. I regularly ride 3hrs a day a couple of days a week back and forth to work..Have not had a single problem with any of it. Doesn't effect performance of the bike at all...the only thing I do need to do..and will get to it when the rains begin..is respringing the bike for the extra weight on the luggage...can hobby horse a little when acclerating hard or braking hard for in-and-out of corners. Racks come off in minutes..easy to lock up all of your stuff while at work...don't need to haul all of your crap into the office...very very easy to use...when you want to get wild with the buddies...5 minutes and it is all off..good luck in your decision making..lot of cool stuff out there...Corbins are beautiful...but outrageous prices...2hip

2hip, Which Givi boxes do you use ? I'm drawn to the V35 side boxes, but not sure if they're a bit of a gimick when used on a hayabusa. Are they better than using a standard top box or the E41 on the side?

i don't think soft luggage is an option for me as in scotland it rains nearly all the time & i use my bike in all weather + i like to get cheap weekend breaks so more room is better , my busa is 5 mths old & has done 5,000 mls allready , it got its 1st service @ 2 weeks old ! i went from a vx800 to the busa , its my 1st sports bike & i luv it i don't think i could of picked a better bike .

Back