Busa Mileage

BenWoj42

Registered
Generaly when searching for a new used bike, Im always looking at the mileage to make sure its nothing crazy. At most i'll purchase a bike with 4k miles if that. Like many others I tend to stay away from any bike thats even close to 10k miles and would probebly pay half of what kbb says because of it.

The one thing I've noticed though is there are a lot of busa's with 10k + miles selling and also selling for close to new prices. Why is this? Didn't know if I was missing something.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have guys here that put on 20,000-30,000+ miles a YEAR on our Busa's :thumbsup:

I know of a few guys that have over 100,000 miles on their bikes :beerchug:

The first TWO WEEKS...when I bought my brand new 2008...I put 5,130 miles on her :whistle:

Motors are solid and unless someone has beat the living piss out of a bike, a 10K + mileage bike is still a solid running bike with a LOT OF MILES left on her. The motors are almost bullet proof.

Most folks don't live in places where they are able to ride year round and you will find that a good average mileage number is about 2K per year...thing with Busa's they will you in to riding them more and more. I have purchased bikes in the past with 30K on them and run them for several years and sold them off still in great shape.

Go with what your comfortable with but don't shy away because of miles.

How do you know that the bike you buy with 4,000 miles wasn't put on a 1/4 mile at a time ?

I think these bikes were made to ride. If I saw one that was a few years old & was under 10K I'd be suspect, jmo.

Last edited:
would pay half kbb for more than 10k miles? dang those liter bikes sure do go bad fast. I would say only shy away from a busa if it gots 40 or 50k miles and even then its probly been redone a little or alot and will run like a camp for another 50k or so

Busa motors are more like car motors than bike motors, no need to rev the crap out of em to get things done, Ive got 18k on my 06 an still runs fine. :whistle:

Generaly when searching for a new used bike, Im always looking at the mileage to make sure its nothing crazy. At most i'll purchase a bike with 4k miles if that. Like many others I tend to stay away from any bike thats even close to 10k miles and would probebly pay half of what kbb says because of it.

The one thing I've noticed though is there are a lot of busa's with 10k + miles selling and also selling for close to new prices. Why is this? Didn't know if I was missing something.

Additionally, noteworthy demographics for the 'busa pilot lean toward the more mature, financially 'able,' which typically would lend itself to those who take responsible care of their toys.

Good luck!

There are at least a couple of folks here with over 100,000 miles on their Busas...

I bought my busa in Nov. of 08 with 30,000 k and started riding it March 09 and I have almost 67,000 kilometers on it, since March this year. So.....that means I have put on close to 40,000 k this season.

But I am selling it and buying one with 17,000 k on it.

Buying any sport bike and thinking it hasn't been riden hard is a little unrealistic. Sure a bike could be riden easy most of the time. But every bike gets wailed on. Thats what they are made for. Biggest thing for me is finding a bike where the owner actually knows the last time the oil/coolant/plugs were changed. If the bike is clean, chain lubed, nothing loose. If any of these things are in question, or looks neglected, then chances are the bike overall has been, and walk away. High mileage is no indication of life expectance. Like some one else said. Could have been put on a 1/4 mile at a time.

I bought an '06 and put 36K on it in a little over a year. These bikes are still basically new at 10K.

I have 65,000 miles on mine and still run the crap out of it on the track. No problems, engine and transmission have never been apart. Good luck finding anyone willing to sell a Busa for 1/2 KBB.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Although Im not knocking anyone for having so many miles, you can take the evidence of what I said and look around. Noone will touch a liter bike close to 10k miles unless they are going to sell it for $3000.
Looks like its mainly the busa crowed that doesn't have a problem with the high miled sport bikes, which is a good thing when I wanna sell one. :laugh:

Just thought I'd ask

Thanks

i have had mine for 6 months and have 17k on it.... and thats with a get-off.

I have just over 11k on mine, and its not going anywhere. Busa's hold their value very well.

I got a 02 1k with 28k on it and runs like a top! Its a matter of how the bike is cared for!

Back