12v POWER 2 TANK BAG

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Wanted to have power for cell phone charging in the tank bag. Keith at Tulsa truck supply has these nice pass through power units with a small bus-bar, I have one standard cigarette plug and can add two more, great if you wanted to power a chatterbox, an autocom , charge an ipod or cell.

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

funny thing when Steve rides by the house... my TV's all go on the fritz.... radio gets all static and the lights flicker...

where does the tank bag get power??? Did you make this tank bag or does someone sell this??? Do you have a wire coming from the bike that plugs into the tankbag??? more details please I like this:thumbsup:

where does the tank bag get power??? Did you make this tank bag or does someone sell this??? Do you have a wire coming from the bike that plugs into the tankbag??? more details please I like this:thumbsup:

I have a battery tender lead on the left side below the gas tank, made an extension to reach the tank bag when I need to power it up.

I have a battery tender lead on the left side below the gas tank, made an extension to reach the tank bag when I need to power it up.

did you put the guts in the tank bag your self??? what did you do just put a fuse box inside the tank bag??? I am not very electrically creative inclined if you know what I mean:laugh: and a electrical fire on top of the gas tank would be something I wouldn't want even in my worst nightmare :laugh:

I like the bag. I had the same idea a while ago but I did not want to cut in to my bag.
I went to the Advance Autoparts and bought an auto cig lighter for about $4. I wired it to the battery with a fuse in the power wire and I wiretied it to my subframe under my back seat/hump. I just run the wire under my seat to my bag. It works great for GPS and phone charging.

SD530379.JPG

But can't you just use the boost by smith wiring harness and run that up to the front or to a tank bag. That will power devices also. :beerchug:

did you put the guts in the tank bag your self??? what did you do just put a fuse box inside the tank bag??? I am not very electrically creative inclined if you know what I mean:laugh: and a electrical fire on top of the gas tank would be something I wouldn't want even in my worst nightmare :laugh:

Fuse is close to the battery. Fuse should be as close to the power source as possible. Nothing before the fuse is protected.

But can't you just use the boost by smith wiring harness and run that up to the front or to a tank bag. That will power devices also. :beerchug:

Sure you can, I have battery tender leads on other bikes so it can be used on them. There are always other ways to get the job done. :thumbsup:

Back