aftermarket full exhaust perfomance

flitemedic13

Registered
who has numbers from thier switch to stock to aftermarket full exhaust...im wondering what the reality is of HP and torque gains (assuming all the PC and air mods) and which manufacturer consitantly comes out on top as far as gaining HP and losing wieght.
which manufacturer?
4:2  4:1  ??
weight loss?
or if u went replacing the canister route, what did your slip/bolt ons do for u if anything as far as weight and HP?

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086798901 -->

Well If you really want HP, a full sytem, PC, ETC is the way to go. All you will really get from Bolt on's bro is about 2-3 HP (Maybe) and about a 10lb weight loss. I have some Akropovic Carbon Fiber Bolt on's and I love em' They gave my Busa a nice deep voice without being super loud and according to my SOTP Dyno I got about 3HP.
I do believe though that full systems are guarenteed to produce real tangible power. I would prolly talk to Oracle about his Akropovic Full system. I dunno if he has had it on a dyno yet but the Akropovic full titanium system is super light and with the PAIR removal you will prolly also loose about 20lbs or so. Also Bulletrain has the Hindle BDE and is very happy...

where did u get your akra bolt ons and how much? ive posted a few lines debating the full and slips and didnt wanna loose the dual can look...if i go with slip ons itll be akra or micron carbon for sure...still debating the full system, thats why i was wanting dyno #'s...thanks though...i bet they sound killer too.

JC  on ebay they are showing gaining 13 HP for HMF

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....66&rd=1

...sales tactic? unrealistic? are they full of scheeeaat?  you would know a heck of alot more than me, whats the most HP youve seen gained from any system or bolt on ?
yeah sure and a TRE gives you more hair less weight and and remaps your ECU
laugh.gif

A bigbird will give 7-12 dual highs or lows will give you 6-9 But you have to map that bolt it on and you get 13 tell them to back it in writing

Wholly crap I just looked at the link.
They F*ing doctored the pic to say 187 HP instead of 167.
What a bunch of con artist.

Hey maybe we can get the guy who like to sue to sue this dealership as well

Wholly crap I just looked at the link.
They F*ing doctored the pic to say 187 HP instead of 167.
What a bunch of con artist.

Hey maybe we can get the guy who like to sue to sue this dealership as well
That is cute. Whoops 6 to 8. I would say you could get up to 167-171hp. I was running 171hp on the 4
cool.gif
1:2 HMF I did get to 187hp also WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT OF NOS.

yea thats what i thought too..didnt add up did it? and the line on the dyno doesnt even go up that high...youd figure they be smarter than that if they were gonna fabricate it.heck even the 159.8 HP from stock is damn good for stock isnt it?.. kinda makes u more cautious of dealers out there....wish it wasnt like that but it is..

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086831600 -->

u guys know anything about Arata exhausts?
just curious..leaning toward micron, akra, d&d or HMF...just figurin out which gives the most HP or if they are all the same in theory.

Just got 10 extra Hp and 6.5 torque for a 162 and 101 out of a Micron 4-2-1, pcIIIr, K&N. Was hoping for at least 2 more, but the bike sounds great. It's not real load, but nice and deep, and you know they are there if you want to.

If the system is properly mapped you should feel better/smoother response in the lower rpms.But I believe the real performance for aftermarket pipes is in the upper rpms. If you are not racing chances are you're never going to get the performance these pipes are capable of delivering. But you'll have some great bragging points. If a bike dynos 170-187hp unless you run at the track you probably never going to use all those horses. Next time you go out and run check you rpm when you around 100mph or so.. If your in top gear those rpm's are hitting around 7k if that much. How fast do you have to go to utilize the fullpotential of a full system
rock.gif
I don't know but its probably not gonna happe to much on your daily commute ....

But hey its really all academic they look great and adds to our bag of baging rights. And in the end when t comes to speed --bragging rights itstypically what its allabout..

Now with that said I like the HMF dual highmounts!
biggrin.gif

explain to me this one?
rock.gif

i was just now doing a search to check dyno charts from diffrent exhaust and i noticed on the ninja zx-12 website they are boosting thier HP a crapload with exhaust and PC alone

"But after looking for almost 10 months "I" decited the best exhaust on the market was the Akro. Now that is just my opinion. But I did get 185.2 HP Out of my bike with just AKRO exhaust + a PC3. It worked for me.... (Stock it was 157hp) (see story and Dyno chart on www.zx-12r.org"

how are the ninja boys getting that kind of boost when were only getting 10-15 at best with the same mods?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

explain to me this one?
rock.gif

i was just now doing a search to check dyno charts from diffrent exhaust and i noticed on the  ninja zx-12 website they are boosting thier HP a crapload with exhaust and PC alone

"But after looking for almost 10 months "I" decited the best exhaust on the market was the Akro. Now that is just my opinion. But I did get 185.2 HP Out of my bike with just AKRO exhaust + a PC3. It worked for me.... (Stock it was 157hp) (see story and Dyno chart on www.zx-12r.org"

how are the ninja boys getting that kind of boost when were only getting 10-15 at best with the same mods?
rock.gif
??
yep this is true
It is due to the collector. look at a zx12 oil pan. the pick up is on one side so they can make a true collector from the header.
look at the busa the collector has to split and then connect behind the pan. put a sidewinder on a busa (true collector) and you will pick up 8-12 over just a 4/1

rock.gif

explain to me this one?
rock.gif

i was just now doing a search to check dyno charts from diffrent exhaust and i noticed on the  ninja zx-12 website they are boosting thier HP a crapload with exhaust and PC alone

rock.gif
??
yep this is true
It is due to the collector. look at a zx12 oil pan. the pick up is on one side so they can make a true collector from the header.
look at the busa the collector has to split and then connect behind the pan. put a sidewinder on a busa (true collector) and you will pick up 8-12 over just a 4/1
poop...that much from a Sidewinder.....too bad they're so damn ugly!!!!!

rock.gif

wow...ok well call me retarded, and i know JC will rip me a new one on this,  but what the hell is a sidewinder?  got a pic or site?
also does anyone know the total weight of the busa stock exhaust w/ cans? and the weight of just the cans?

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086849788 -->

Hey Flight, Dezzy pretty much summed up my POV exactly. What real use do you have for 10-12 HP? If your allways on the 1/4 or amatuer Road racing OK, otherwise, just for looks and sound.

This is why I just wanted Bolt-Ons. I rarely use "EVERYTHING" the Busa has to offer anyway, so besides the occasional Bridge blast or weekend twisty attack I just don't really see the justification. Although Weight loss is the other consideration, it would be nice to shave 20lbs off the Busa, and a dyno won't reflect this, but your real world living with the machine might. Unfortunately it lops most of the weight off the bottom and centerline, so it's not going to dramatically improve handling though there will be less mass to be grunting around in parking lots.

I love the sound of The Akropovic Carbon Bolt-ons and they look perfect, like they were designed for my bike specifically. The quality is also impressive, very well finished. But, Akro is really damned pricey, if you can find a set used that would be the way to go. Micron does some really good things with their pipes and from what I have heard are responsive to customer needs/problems. They were my second choice.

Volume wise the Akro's aren't bad at all, a good bit louder than stock at idle and low rpms and it's a nice deep noise, then they are actually not all that much louder than stock when FWO out in the sticks. Louder than stock yeah, but the stock exhaust starts to scream a good bit at the high end too...

Over all I am 100% satisfied with the Akro's, they look good, sound good, took 15 minutes to install, and they are quite enough that I don't feel like a punk kid when I am rollin into my neighborhood at 2AM. BUT, No real power gain, like I said a couple maybe, and about a 8-10 lbs drop in weight, (Stock Cans are fugging Beefy)

PM me with your email addy and I will email you with an MPEG of how the pipes sound on a busa. Loboboy hooked me up with it when I bought mine from him...

And finally... Just cause I can, lemme splatter these tired pictures on the board again...
smile.gif

Back