helmets

DaddyPhatSaks

Registered
alright i am looking for a new helmet , i am looking for a helmet that has GREAT ventilation !!!!!! any suggests on whats the best ? im down here in florida and am using a hjc helmet and is not helping with cooling down , i dont care about graphics as i am having the bike painted this week (will post pics ) so let me know what guys are using
rock.gif
thanks

hjc ac-11 works for me.  the bottom line is they're all dot and snell approve so the protection is the same, just get the one that fits you best w/ the best air ventilation regardless of price. doesn't matter what we say here cause everyone is different so go to a helmet shop and try all of them out.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086640569 -->

hjc cl-10
pretty old
but cost/performance HJC is pretty good.
but since I have a doubble bubble on my bike the airflow around my helmet changed and now it makes this whistling noise. It has to do with the covers on each side of the helmet for the lense. The new HJC don't have them.

I have a Shoei RF-900 and an Arai Quantum (with the Nakano replica scheme; it's the fastest color). Both have great ventilation. The Arai is definitely a noisier helemt, though, but it's also much more cushy inside. Either is worth the money. Tell me if you need an online connection for Arai helmets. I can also give you a great compare/contrast for the two, if you want.

I'm in an Arai RX7 Corsair. Just picked it up, it's an upgrade from my older HJC AC-10. Much more ventilation and I can ride with chin to tank a lot easier.
tounge.gif

HJC CL12. Cost was the main factor for me. Not that protection for my noggin' wasn't, but . . . I may go for a Shoei or Arai in the near future.

i'm using a RF-900. as long as all the vents are open and opening the face shield for a minute or two....this should keep the helmet temp bearable. it gets hot here.......in the 100's.....keeping your hair short will aid in the cooling of your head/helmet:)

I live in Hell-I mean Fl,too. I use a Shoei syncrotec (flip up) and it has great ventilation...also at lights or whatever flip the face shield up. Helps so you can scream at A-holes at intersections!!!

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086648390 -->

lol diesel thanks for all the replies , i would go check all the helmets out but i dont think thye will let me take each one around the block to see which one is more beneficial to ventilation lol. well anyway i was thinking of checking out some shoei's always wanted one dont know why but will check them out , also not rulling out hjc just yet(price) thanks for all the input

Just make sure you get a lid with ALOT of Vents... I have an Arai Quantum as well and it does a good job of keeping my head cool... I think the RX7rr has even better ventilation. I do like Arai, it would allways be my first choice, but make damn sure you get properly fitted. Arai has several differen't shell shapes oval, Round-oval and Round. This combined with Arai's smaller over all shell size really adds up to a super comfortable helmet over the long haul.

Shoei is always a close second though, especially thier top of the line stuff with all their vents....

Also, AGV has been coming on strong, I know bobo about their fit and finish but the examples I have messed with at the shops have always felt pretty good...

Trust me when I say though that you really do not want to cut corners. Arai and Shoei are helmets that you won't mind keeping on your head all day... If you haven't tried one, don't knock it until you try one, you really do get what you pay for.
smile.gif

Take a look at the Shoei X-11, Its Shoei's top of the line helmet, its has alot of vents, its very light weight, aerodynamic, it doesnt lift when you move your head around. The vents work very well, on cooler mornings I end up closing some because my head starts to get cold. Downside to this helmet is that its expensive(check ebay, I got a good deal on mine) and it a little noisy on the freeway because of all the venting, but nothing some earplugs wont solve. Hope this helps.

lol  diesel  thanks for all the replies , i would go check all the helmets out but i dont think thye will let me take each one around the block to see which one is more beneficial to ventilation lol. well anyway i was thinking of checking out some shoei's always wanted one dont know why but will check them out , also not rulling out hjc just yet(price) thanks for all the input
I hope you can hold out until July. I will have my store open in Orlando and take you through all the helmets mentioned here. Oh and by the way we offer a 30 helmet exchange on our Street helmets. So don't worry about the around the block thing. Let me know if I can help.

Marc

lol  diesel  thanks for all the replies , i would go check all the helmets out but i dont think thye will let me take each one around the block to see which one is more beneficial to ventilation lol. well anyway i was thinking of checking out some shoei's always wanted one dont know why but will check them out , also not rulling out hjc just yet(price) thanks for all the input
I hope you can hold out until July.  I will have my store open in Orlando and take you through all the helmets mentioned here.  Oh and by the way we offer a 30 helmet exchange on our Street helmets.  So don't worry about the around the block thing.  Let me know if I can help.

Marc
Hmm.. I'll be buying a new helmet soon.. where in Orlando will you be located.. and about what date will you be open?

si.

I'm using the Shoie X-11, purchased it at Motoxoutlet.com, great helmet, light and lots of vents best $450 I have spent. I'm told it's the best on the market right now.

I use a Suomy Gunwind Bostrom replica. When its in the high 80's + with high humidity which I guess you get in Florida it works great and I can't believe how light it is.

alright i am looking for a new helmet , i am looking for a helmet that has GREAT ventilation !!!!!! any suggests on whats the best ? im down here in florida and am using a hjc helmet and is not helping with cooling down , i dont care about graphics as i am having the bike painted this week (will post pics ) so let me know what guys are using  
rock.gif
 thanks
another thing, if it's gets too hot, i just wear the half helmet.

I broke down and bought an Arai RX-7 Corsair last year after my HJC Flip Front killed my neck. The Arai is very light, has excellent visibility, and awesome ventilation. All of this comes at a price though...around $500-$600 depending on sales/dealers.

The Arai can be custom fit with cheek pads, and liners of different thicknesses. DO NOT buy a $600 helmet without a custom fitting. A good dealer will take all the time they need to ensure a proper fit...It makes a world of difference.

The Shoie RF series is also supposed to be nice.

Good Luck
biggrin.gif

Back