should i have thrown bs flag?

m_ridgeway

pipeline trash
Donating Member
Registered
dont know alot about busa's but been around performance for awhile.

today i took my bike to the movie store. guy walks up we start talking, he was asking me about my paint and etc... then says his 00 smoked an 09 the other day and he is making 237hp with no motor work. just exhaust and tune. then goes on to say hes getting a turbo kit and is gonna run 12psi on the street and 16 on the track.

that much boost on a non intercooled setup with high compression and a bike with over 25k miles, seems like detonation would be likely followed by some catastrophic failure. didnt wanna call him out and me be wrong but looking for some guys opinions that actually have/had built bikes.

tell him to go get his 00, you would like to see it, you'll never see him again :rofl:

he already made it clear he wont race from dig. maybe on highway but i dont like doing rolls. rather do it from stop.

he really believes it. this was the first time i had my bike out to town. ive seen him around but never talked to him.

then says his 00 smoked an 09 the other day and he is making 237hp with no motor work. just exhaust and tune. then goes on to say hes getting a turbo kit and is gonna run 12psi on the street and 16 on the track.

I would have been to busy staring at the sky to doge the flying chunks of bull**** to listen to anything else he has to say....:laugh:

define "motor work".....bunches of low 9 second busas around here the owner will guarantee you that they are stock with only pipes...

and yes he can run a turbo at 12 psi on the street....

and yes I can run 12 psi on multiple kits...intercooled and even non intercooled with a spacer plate and cam sprockets...and it will live.

I consider neither "motor work" btw....

to me "motor work" is ADDING compression via milling or addition of pistons, bore size, cam lift/duration etc....

Back