Busa or M109r

jtjohns

Registered
Hello out there!!!

I got a lil situation that is bugging the heck outa me and I would like some input from those of you that have experience on both bikes.

Just in case it matters, I'm 25...6' and 230lbs. I'm trying to decide what my next bike will be and I'm looking to purchase very soon. Most of my experience has been on 750s and Busa's, but the 109r has gotten my attention big time.

Problem is, dealerships here will not allow test rides and I don't know anyone that has one so I've never ridden a 9. Infact, I've never ridden a cruiser at all.

My style of riding.... I'm not into racing and doing crazy ish on the street, but I do enjoy hitting a few twisties now and then. I really want to be able to go on long trips with my next bike as well.

Also, all of the people I will be riding with ride sport bikes. Could I keep up on the 9?

Thanks for reading all this. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Keep the shiny side up!!

:welcome: to the .org jt!

I know a few members on here ride 109r's as well. So they can chime in. But the majority of us will be a lil biased :whistle: :laugh:

I rode a lightly modded and HPC tuned M109 the other day and I was highly impressed. Very comfortable bike, pulled hard. It would be way more comfy and if going 180 is not important get the M109... vist a few M109 boards as well.

I know a few members on here ride 109r's as well. So they can chime in. But the majority of us will be a lil biased :whistle: :laugh:

Thanks!! Hopefully they see the post.... I asked on the 109 org so I figured I'll try to get both sides. Thanks Again!!

Cruisers dont even compare to the busa.

109 is ok if you want a bike to put around. If you want to go warp speed and accelerate like a bat out of hell, take corners and carve, forget that heavy ass cruiser and get yourself a 1300R.

Or do like I did and get both!!

Last edited:

+1000 on that.

I met two people yesterday, that have both. They could not say bad things about either.
One in SD and the other lives in Vegas.
I am sure they will chime in shortly.
:welcome:
stay a while, have fun and ride safe.
Bubba

I have an 06 Busa and an 06 Silver M109R, they are both great bikes, the contrast is great!

I wish I could get both!! :please:

But I'm limited to one. Based on my description of my riding style would you suggest one over the other?

Also, if I do go with the 9, will I miss the torque of the busa or is the 9 comparable?

I am 6' and about 210 and 28 years old, so I am close to your age and weight.

I had a 04 busa, then a 07 M109r, now a 08Busa and B-King

The M109R has its place, but to me going from a sportbike to a cruiser just didnt cut it,

They are nice bikes, corner good, and have pleanty of torque, but I always missed the pure power of the busa.

And yes you will keep up with your buddies as long as there not doing 150 plus all the time. It does get out of the hole fast.

Good luck on your choice, as you can tell I would be buying another busa if I was you

I wish I could get both!! :please:

But I'm limited to one. Based on my description of my riding style would you suggest one over the other?

Also, if I do go with the 9, will I miss the torque of the busa or is the 9 comparable?

The M109r has more torque then the Busa around 105-110 stock at the wheel

Just throwing this out there but have you looked at the Yamaha(star) Roadstar Warrior. It pulls hard out of the hole and corners very well.I dont think it is as bulky as the 109.I have suprised many sport riders with how well it takes the turns. Twisties are fun with it.The stock 200 rear tire alows it to turn in quickly.Mine doesnt do bad with the 240 on it.I can drag my pipes and pegs all day though the twisties.Lots of torque and very quick.Just another option. The guy that I ride with had a warrior sold it and bout a 109.Says he misses the warrior.

ACIMG0610.jpg

CIMG0609.jpg

I have a Busa and seriously looked at adding a M109 to the stable. After visiting the M109 forum though, it scared my away. Lots of clutch, 2nd gear, shaft drive and rear brake problems, with Suzuki not standing behind the bike insofar as warrantee.

Everyone seems to love the bike, but lots of technical complaints.

Go to the site and look for yourself.

M109R Shop Talk - M109Riders.com

I really want to be able to go on long trips with my next bike as well.

You had a Busa an weren't comfortable on long trips??? I didn't have any trouble on long trips with my Busa. You are trying to compare to totally different animals though.Cruiser, Sport touring. When we go on those semi long rides maybe 350 miles in a day the guys in the cruisers, that aren't set up with touring mods aren't to happy.(windshields, footrest,comfy seat):whistle: Would rather put those simple mods on the Busa for long riding than on an M109:laugh:

I have a Busa and seriously looked at adding a M109 to the stable. After visiting the M109 forum though, it scared my away. Lots of clutch, 2nd gear, shaft drive and rear brake problems, with Suzuki not standing behind the bike insofar as warrantee.

Everyone seems to love the bike, but lots of technical complaints.

Go to the site and look for yourself.

M109R Shop Talk - M109Riders.com

Dang..... You are right. I've been reading several posts of transmission issues and people's bikes spraying oil. Not a good sign!!!

You had a Busa an weren't comfortable on long trips??? I didn't have any trouble on long trips with my Busa. You are trying to compare to totally different animals though.Cruiser, Sport touring. When we go on those semi long rides maybe 350 miles in a day the guys in the cruisers, that aren't set up with touring mods aren't to happy.(windshields, footrest,comfy seat):whistle: Would rather put those simple mods on the Busa for long riding than on an M109:laugh:

:bowdown: No... I wasn't trying to say that the busa wasn't comfortable for long trips. Maybe I should have phrased it differently. :banghead:

Back