Dot 5.1....

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
What are everyones thoughts/experience with DOT 5.1? I am going to try to get to bleeding my clutch today, and this says fully compatible with dot 4....any good or should I avoid it? I know dot 5 had only very specific and limited applications but do not believe it every claimed to be backwards compatible

Motorex Dot-5.1 Brake Fluid - RevZilla Motorsports

Just my gut but DOT 4 does all we need so why would you chance it?
You are concerned too or you would not be asking.
Save your money (and may be heartache) and use DOT 4. JMO

it will move the parts the same amount as the dot 4 so your nor gonna know the difference and if your changing according to the manual(every 2 years) it wont be in there long enough to matter anyway

Why fix if it ain't broken? You know 100% DOT 4 works.

But if you want to research and let us all know, then thank you for the effort! :beerchug:

What are everyones thoughts/experience with DOT 5.1? I am going to try to get to bleeding my clutch today, and this says fully compatible with dot 4....any good or should I avoid it? I know dot 5 had only very specific and limited applications but do not believe it every claimed to be backwards compatible

Motorex Dot-5.1 Brake Fluid - RevZilla Motorsports

Stick with Dot 4...5.1 needs to be changed more often and is more $$$ :banghead:

For a street bike it is only more $$$ and more work...and you won't notice any performance benefit.

Avoid that stuff like the plague!

Put it in your bike and "You'll be S O R R Y!

I have been using Motul 5.1 fluid for several years now. Never had one problem. And the Motul needs changed less then dot4.

One mans trash is another mans treasure..go figure.

I had to buy some fluid while on the road. Stopped at a Suzuki dealer down state ILlinois and he gave me this Suzuki brand 3/4 brake fluid. WTF? LOL

Back