180/55 on Busa? Anyone?

Yes. I've seen them hook quite well on the strip, lot of times better than a 190. The narrower profile should turn in a little better on a SWB bike or a stock height bike too.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes...i run the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III 180/55 when i am playing in the twisties at the Dragon or Skyway and the Strada 190/50 for touring

the 180 definitely has quicker turn-in but will wear out sooner if you do much riding on the highway

I've been told that the 180 on the stock rim will lay down a larger contact patch at the strip.

Do3--it does. I've got pictures of my 190 w 10psi under a full squat and its not using the outer .75in of either side of the tire. The 180 is lighter too, though I don't know by how much.
Posted via Mobile Device

In my batleax yes. Cold. In a 190 shinko about 12 cole and the same in a 180
Posted via Mobile Device

I always wondered about tire pressure on the strip. I had never thought about lowering it that much. Thanx :thumbsup:

ive run 180-55 in place of 190-50 on several bikes .
Its all good ,no downside.
The plus's
Cost less.
Weighs less
Increased ride hight
Turns better IMO.
Bike just feels lighter.
You might loose poser points though.

We had a 180 put on my son's 1000 and I was wondering how they would work on the Busa. For some reason they want 100 more dollars for the 190 than the 180. I wonder how long a 180 avon storm will last. Most of my riding is straight up, not a lot of curves.

190-55 will have the potential for rubbing on the underwing if your chain is fresh. 180-55 works great. Zero problems related to using this size tire. Run it at the track, on the street, whatever. It does look skinnier though, so if that's important to you, then you might want to stay away.
Later

190-55 will have the potential for rubbing on the underwing if your chain is fresh. 180-55 works great. Zero problems related to using this size tire. Run it at the track, on the street, whatever. It does look skinnier though, so if that's important to you, then you might want to stay away.
Later

What tire do you use, if I may ask?

I run 180/55 BT002RS on mine. I love the way it turns in much better than with the stock 190 sizing. I am a convert - will not run 190 anymore.

Back