Suzuki releases 2010 GSX-R1000RR (w/pics)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Shamelessly plagarized from the BMW board:

Perhaps in response to the AMA/DMG announcement that the rule-violating Buell 1125 RR has been homologated for AMA Superbike competion, Suzuki has announced a new bike of their own. Price and availability have not yet been released, but in compliance with AMA rules, this one actually is street-legal and will be available to the public... it sounds like it meets all the homologation rules without the special interpretation that is available to large AMA/DMG contributors. Presenting the Suzuki GSX-R1000RR...

Just a couple of days ago we revealed the Buell 1125RR, a controversial $39,995 racers-only bike built for AMA American Superbike racing. Mat Mladin and many readers expressed frustration at the rule bending that's allowing an expensive limited-production machine to compete in a class intended for street bikes. Well here's Yoshimura's take on the new rules, but don't worry; the Suzuki GSX-R1000RR should be street-legal and available to the public.

Based on the 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000, the Yoshimura Race Shop has applied everything it's learned from racing in AMA American Superbike and applied it to the RR. That includes extensive engine and suspension work as well as visual tweaks. Full details are below.

Right now, there's no word on price or availability. But given that 1125RR, it's likely that we could see the GSX-R1000RR made available at dealers. Of course, since Yoshimura parts are available to the public, you could always build your own bike to this spec, or pick and choose the parts you want.

Features:

Engine:
YRS ST-R Type R Cams (High Lift Longer Duration Cam Shafts)
YRS Hi Compression Head Gasket (Raised Compression to 13.8:1)
BMC Race Air Filter
Yoshimura EM Pro w/ Quick Shifter and harness (mapped for pump gas)
Yoshimura R77 Titanium / Carbon Fiber Full System

Suspension/Chassis:
YRS Swing Arm Pivot Insert (+2mm)
YRS Rear Suspension Linkage (159MM)
YRS Extended Fork Cap Kit (gives additional 25MM of front ride height adjustment)
YRS Showa "KIT" Rear Shock with YRS Race Spec Valving
YRS Race Spec Fork Valving

Brakes:
Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Front (Smoke)
Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Rear (Smoke)
Galfer 1375 Front Brake Pads

Misc:
YRS Chassis Protector (New style w/ Decals)
YRS Rear Stand Spools
YRS Case Savers Kit
YRS Bar End Kit
Yoshimura R&D Graphics

GSX-R1000RR_2.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_6.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_3.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_4.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_5.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_7.jpg

Now see if they'd used that kind of clear tubing for the oil system of the Kawi ZXs, I wouldn't be rebuilding my engine right now.

Great pics!

I'm telling you, we've got the perfect TV spot/ad campaign for it!

You would think they would build 1 in limited numbers with an Ohlins suspension.

Is this from Suzuki or Yosh? Looks like they just bolted up everything from the Yosh catalog, so unless it less then buying the bike + parts seems kinda pointless to me.

Back