Sizing up traffic

Mikey D

Registered
Must have stayed up too late last night.

Must be wanting to ride.

I pulled up to Main street in Pop's mini-van (Chevy venture that suprisingly gets right out of it's own way) ready to make a right turn.  I checked out the oncoming traffic and said to myself, "No problem, I can beat all that"  while thinking that

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I was on the Busa!</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>NOT!</span>

Just about to twist the throttle when I realized I'm in the mini!

Stoped my foot in mid stomp as I'd of made a mess outta things.  

Now I'm not saying I would have cut anyone off if I was on the Busa, just that I size things up differently from that perspective.

I view traffic totally different on my busa but, it is a matter of having more acceleration and needing less space to get around.

hahahahaha! I was just about to start a topic like this: who else drives their cage like a bike? I been driving my Honda Civic like it's a busa for the last year, revving it right up to the limiter which is aroun 7500, I think, almost always racking it up into the 6000rpms, did a couple top end runs in it: 115 and it just stops pulling... must need a TRE!!! Since I been doing that, I have switched to Mobil 1 oil and noticed I am burning thru it pretty quick. Tires getting worn faster... and I think I lean a little while cornering. Sometimes I'll even wear gloves and helmet in the car. My poor Honda... I hope it still wuvs me!

2 of my vehicles ae Suzukis
1.  Busa =310hp
2. Vatara (4 wheeler)=125hp

I know what you mean....  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085068629 -->

Ride the Busa like a bike in traffic. But I drive the Truck like a Semi on the highway. Im very aggresive in the truck "Big truck means get out of my way" On the busa, im the target, so I ride as such.

Naw I'm a totally different driver in the SUV, with all of its protection I drive like Clark Kent, but on the bike ...well I wouldn't wanna reveal my secret identity lololol

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085071412 -->

I have found that I the helmet and Handle bars or a significant deficiency thereof will generally clue me in as to what in the hell is going on...
tounge.gif

Seriously though, I have found a couple times that my perceptions need to be adjusted when I hop into the car after riding. I end up pulling out in front of oncoming traffic when there isn't really enough room... From their perspective anyway... The Infiniti makes about 220hp I think so it'll get outta the way, but not like the Busa...

What I truly found funny though, and the wife commented on it, is that I have become a really meeloooow driver since getting the Busa... I mean that bike makes everything feel so slow that there just isn't any point in speeding or driving aggressively. Besides, if I am going to get a ticket, I am getting one on the Busa... I'm not wasting points in my car...
smile.gif

use to drive a chevy cavalier 2000
and now we replaced it the 2004 subaru forester 2.5XT
this thing haul a$$ see this tread I love it. The turbo does the job. Now passing is not something you need to plan a week in advance!

yea... I was sizing up traffic this morning as I was weaving in and out of traffic on my Bus...

On the other hand, I have a Jeep GC V8 and that gets up for a truck, but I really try to play within the rules on my bike and in my truck 90% of the time. You play at the limits for too long something is bound to happen...

Cloud

Back