Chicken strips and battle wounds

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
We donned the leathers and hit Tuggles Gap today. Tuggles Gap is kinda like the Dragon, the turns are so sharp you can drag your pegs (among other things) while doing the posted speed limit. :thumbsup: Well, my buddy on his 08 Busa skinned his knee puck for the first time today...while I (on my 08 Busa) skinned the skin of the Busa itself. Look close at the pic, I actually drug the side fairing riding at normal height. Needless to say, that was a thrill. I still have the fastest color...Orange, black, and bare boned. LoL.

100_0020.jpg

100_0021.jpg

100_0022.jpg

100_0023.jpg

How did you spare that pipe? Isn't it further out than the plastics? Just curious. Nice bike, love the color. :thumbsup:

I felt something else dragging (besides my boot and fairing) but I haven't found it yet, sounded like metal scraping...we looked the pipe over, thought for sure it had dragged but have yet to find the metal that scraped. I'll do a good once over tomorrow.

I think you got about as low as you can go:laugh:

I took a once over to see what else scraped...looks like just a small scratch on the mid pipe. I can't tell for sure if that was done at the same time or not. Maybe the metal sound and feel was my imagination.

if your that far over, you arent leaning off the bike far enough!!:poke:
I heard "you are not far enough off the bike" so many times this weekend I was getting frustrated... Got if fixed finally (I was just being lazy I guess) but you are right.. if you have a bike that far over on the street? you are playing with fire... big time...

Here are my chicken strips from the weekend and nothing touched (except knee pucks :) )... I have seen a couple guys here touch plastics down, but on the street? getting pretty "iffy"

DSCN4103.JPG

I heard "you are not far enough off the bike" so many times this weekend I was getting frustrated... Got if fixed finally (I was just being lazy I guess) but you are right.. if you have a bike that far over on the street? you are playing with fire... big time...

Here are my chicken strips from the weekend and nothing touched (except knee pucks :) )... I have seen a couple guys here touch plastics down, but on the street? getting pretty "iffy"

DSCN4103.JPG

I think the biggest different is the suspension settings. I know at the track most set up stiffer suspension settings don't they? I am running stock settings at 205 lbs and I'd say on that sharp of a corner the suspension probably collapsed further than it would if properly set up for my weight. That's always been a peeve of mine, I hate playing with suspension settings...but looks like I need to.

Even at VIR Patriot course I always ran stock settings.

Well, if you are curious about the lean angle or how much off the bike I was, here it is...I went to the bike cam last night off the bike that was behind me and though the picture is not that great, here's a snapshot of the curve where the fairing touched down. It was within the next half second or so.

If you take a close look at the speedo, we was only doing about 38 or so...

image002.jpg

Looks like fun....not sure at that speed, in that turn, why you would need to lean that far over. But hey...its hard to get a decent view of the whole turn from that cam pic.

Now go give your steed a good washing will ya! :laugh:

Yeah, I know...I was a little embarrassed to post the pics that dirty, But I took em right after our day ride, and it's been raining here for 2 months straight. 20 inches of rain this year. I have to wash it every time I ride.

You really don't have to lean that hard but there was a lot of cameras around on these tight twisties and we was having some fun with it. Some of these turns have some funky camber and are really tight.

wow! i wish i could figure out that lean angle correctly. i keep an 1/8 of an inch on my tire regardless of how hard i hit the twisties. :beerchug:

DSCN4103.JPG
Holy ....! And I was just about to post a pic of my "no chicken" stripes rear! I think I'll pass on that idea! You da man sir! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Holy ....! And I was just about to post a pic of my "no chicken" stripes rear! I think I'll pass on that idea! You da man sir! :bowdown:

Yep, Bogus sure was mean to that tire wasn't he? :lol:
Way 2 go Mr Bogus...was that on the Busa? :bowdown:

Nice pic! :thumbsup: Sure is fun to get one over like that isnt it.:thumbsup:

Its a whole different ball game when your on a track and you can really let it all hang out. It would be hard or dangerous to replicate that on the street.

I did the same thing on the Dragon. Wore it for about 6 months and then let my buddy paint over it because when on the kickstand it stands out like a sore thumb. Way to let her hang out. Oh by the way, I was as far as I could get off the bike and it was not that fast of a curve either.:thumbsup:

I did the same thing on the Dragon. Wore it for about 6 months and then let my buddy paint over it because when on the kickstand it stands out like a sore thumb. Way to let her hang out. Oh by the way, I was as far as I could get off the bike and it was not that fast of a curve either.:thumbsup:
always room to get a little bit further off... :laugh: this is one of the guys helping me out... this is his idea of "getting" off the bike better..

getoff.jpg

Back