Clean injectors off bike with brake cleaner?

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
I am about to do this in the morning when I wake up. Anyone think this is a bad idea?
I had a problem i thought was my coils, which different ones seems to make my problem less, but slightly. I think its really clogged injector, next will be replacement fuel pump.

goldenchild can help.....i had a bad experience and hes a recommended resource....just research and understand exactly where you are at before you take these steps....good luck

:poke:

How much of a demand is there for this ultrasonic cleaning of fuel injectors? ???

I dont think you should clean your injectors with brake parts cleaner,some brands can harm or even break down certain grades of plastic

Last edited:
RC Engineering, in Torrance....best at what they do. $24/injector.......get'er done...you'll thank me next week..... :oldcool:

whoops www.rceng.com :super:

RC Engineering, in Torrance....best at what they do. $24/injector.......get'er done...you'll thank me next week..... :oldcool:

whoops RC Fuel Injection :super:

Spudley turned me on to these dudes when I had the same problem as you describe. They did a great job and they did it quickly. Not a problem since. Thanks again Spud! :cheerleader:

as posted above... "DONT DO IT" there is no way any home garage (or most commercial for that matter) that can clean injectors.. it is a chemical/ultrasonic process..

Best option is to exchange for a set of "flow matched" injectors (usually within 2% of each other, race quality is 1%)

The best method for cleaning injectors is periodic injector cleaning via fuel additives BEFORE they have a problem.. BTW... doing this on older bikes? this can also clean the tank and plug filters and screens upstream of the injectors..

Ok great! I will send to the RC guys. I actually youtube this stuff before I posted.
and saw videos including the one from RC on the cleaning. A friend just said i could clean them myself, but i saw the videos myself. its waaaaaaaaaaaay more productive and extensive when they clean it. Now since i only have the bike to ride, i have to wait till he finds the injectors from his other busa so i can drop those in, meantime.
thanks for the tip!

Ok great! I will send to the RC guys. I actually youtube this stuff before I posted.
and saw videos including the one from RC on the cleaning. A friend just said i could clean them myself, but i saw the videos myself. its waaaaaaaaaaaay more productive and extensive when they clean it. Now since i only have the bike to ride, i have to wait till he finds the injectors from his other busa so i can drop those in, meantime.
thanks for the tip!

Mention you are a member of the .ORG and get 10% off with RC as well. Good luck and you will love the flow/spec sheet you get with your balanced injectors.

goldenchild can help.....i had a bad experience and hes a recommended resource....just research and understand exactly where you are at before you take these steps....good luck

:poke:

Thanks for the recommendation,glad your back at it... :thumbsup:

Last week i shipped my injectors to Spencer Cycle, i spoke to someone monday morning,after that nobody ansered the phone no even a machine,i don t know what goes in on, i am wating over a week ,no calls nothing.

I was wondering if anybody did some work with then, Thanks.
Velloz busa 2002.

Back