GenII Catalytic convertor

You'll need to remap your system...

i took mine out and i didn't remap... mine runns great... i took it to an exhaust place because the cat is about 5 inches thick on both sides cost me 100$ and some shorty exhaust and BAM you're done...

i'll post a sound clip as soon as you tube is done with their down time...

Any noticable power gains or increase in fuel economy?

A friend of mine has a 07 FJR1300, he just resmoved his and is trying to convince me to remove mine. I am not going to do this unless it is worth the power gains or increase in fuel economy (I do not see any other reasons, except the weight loss).

The power is AWESOME on the stock GenII and the fuel economy you can't beat (100+ MPH at 38+ MPG) and way better than this if rode like a Mature Adult, and a little worse when ridden like the average Busa Rider.

the only difference i could tell with my butt dyno is taking out the secondary butterflies... non really with the cats...

with out cats...

with cats....

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut mine out because I don't like emmisions crap on a performance vehicle. Fuel economy might have changed but really didn't notice. Sound was a little better. Performance was great.
It definetly didn't hurt anything but I was planning on a full exhaust in another month anyway.
Besides I was in the mood for a little cut and weld.:laugh:
If you have the capability it's not a bad modification. The cats are something that's shoved down our throats in the first place. It it doesn't make it faster it's called a passenger and it slows it down.
I wouldn't expect a golden ticket out of it. For that you'll have to spend a little scratch.

Its your call guys ,but the Cats alone do not impeed power.The new cats built these days actually breath quite well.There is a slight back pressure that might add a bit of high rpm power,proably not more then a single hp ,but if it is in your case adding more by removing, then it will be at the expense of torque in the lower rpm's.Exhaust will be louder as the cat acts like a resonator also ,so removal and louder exhaust does not necessarly mean more power.
Then there's the emission issues which is another discussion elsewhere.

Back